• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

VisionTek X800Pro - $329

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
if you go into the search option and put in "X800" for "entire site" you get back 2 things back
ATI Pre-order $399.99
Visiontek Call for Availability $329.99
so It may be that is the price for it

DO NOT BUY VISIONTEK worst support ever they own me my 50$ rebate since 2 years ago, im still trying to get them to do it.

Stiffler69 said:
DO NOT BUY VISIONTEK worst support ever they own me my 50$ rebate since 2 years ago, im still trying to get them to do it.
they were pretty cool about letting me trade my gf2 towards the purchase of an ati card since they dont have nvidia anymore . i decided not to , because the trade in value wasnt high enough and they didnt have any low end ati cards to trade towards.

no, they took it off the site. Outpost is honoring the 330$ price for all of those that ordered during the pricing error. if you waited you lost out. This card sells for 500$ on every other site.

Not only have they charged me for a pre-ordered item, they recently sent me an e-mail saying they don't know when they are getting any of the cards in. When I spoke to a girl over the phone on Monday, she said they were due in on the 28th.

If I find a comparable deal, I'll be canceling my Outpost.com order. I'm not very impressed with them.

zabomb4163 said:
This card sells for 500$ on every other site.

I think the suggested price is $400... IF you can find one.

The closest Best Buy to me actually has a gap (there are none there) where X800 XT's are supposed to be placed.

MitchV said:
Not only have they charged me for a pre-ordered item, they recently sent me an e-mail saying they don't know when they are getting any of the cards in. When I spoke to a girl over the phone on Monday, she said they were due in on the 28th.

If I find a comparable deal, I'll be canceling my Outpost.com order. I'm not very impressed with them.

not many sites would honor the pricing error. outpost is standing by it. i think they deserve at least some credit for that.

zabomb4163 said:
not many sites would honor the pricing error. outpost is standing by it. i think they deserve at least some credit for that.

What pricing error? Buy.com had the card for less than that at one point. Somebody in this thread mentioned it was a pricing error... that's the first I've heard of it. The Visiontek X800 Pro's also seem to be the cheapest on the Internet. Buy.com had it for $329 for several days too. It's not as if they slapped the card up there and after being bombarded with orders for 30 minutes they removed it. I can only believe that $329 was their intent.

I'll give them credit for having the lowest price for a non-guaranteed pre-order delivery date, but nothing more.... they've also charged me for it, which isn't what their site said would happen. I'll be giving them a call tomorrow. I'll keep my order with them for 2-3 weeks, but they can't hold onto my money during that time.

it WAS a pricing error. i called them. the reason it was taken down is because i pointed it out to them in an email. they removed it from their sites less than 2 hours after i notified them.

-the new low price on the internet is Pcconnection.com they have it for 370$ + 8$ shipping. not 330 but its still the lowest.

on a sidenote: do you really think its worth 70$ per order to get advertising? i would think they have more efficient means of getting attention. find me another site selling it for even close to that price and i'll order it in a heartbeat.

Last edited:
zabomb4163 said:
it WAS a pricing error. i called them. the reason it was taken down is because i pointed it out to them in an email. they removed it from their sites less than 2 hours after i notified them.

Perhaps it was a pricing error... I don't know, it's not really relevant. It was on their site from the 18th to the 21st and they have CHARGED me for it when their site said I wouldn't be charged until the unit was shipped. They *should* honor the price. Sorry, they don't win any brownie points for that with me.

-the new low price on the internet is Pcconnection.com they have it for 370$ + 8$ shipping. not 330 but its still the lowest.

That must have been a pricing error too, it's $445 when I looked.

on a sidenote: do you really think its worth 70$ per order to get advertising? i would think they have more efficient means of getting attention. find me another site selling it for even close to that price and i'll order it in a heartbeat.

For starters, the suggested retail price is $400, which means there's some markup in there. I don't know that it's $70 worth of margin, but I know they aren't taking a $70 hit everytime they sell one of these things.

To answer your question, is it worth taking a hit in order to generate attention? That's debatable... I remember Paypal used to ante up $5 or $10 for signing up for their service... I think they paid a referral fee too. Buy.Com used to offer coupons during the Internet bubble and I'd buy a $12 CD for a couple of bucks. Circuit City and Best Buy often have loss leaders on newly released DVDs and CDs to get people into the store.

Do I think they reduced the price for the old bait & switch or to simply hold onto people's money and collect interest for free? Nah. Instead, I think it's probably an indication that their order/fulfillment system, advertising, and web storefront aren't integrated very well. The X800 Pro is one of the hottest pieces of PC equipment out there and there's no need to reduce the price in order to sell all your units. $400 + free shipping should do the trick until they become more widely available.

MitchV said:
They *should* honor the price. Sorry, they don't win any brownie points for that with me.

funny. here is newegg's policy

"In the event that a product is listed at an incorrect price due to typographical, informational, technical or any other error, Newegg.com at its sole discretion shall have the right to refuse or cancel any order for that product "

zipzoomfly's

"In the event that a product is listed at an incorrect price due to typographical, informational, technical or other error, ZipZoomFly shall have the right to refuse or cancel any order for that product."

(yes they are identical)

the vast majority of sites have policies that you agree to when you order protecting them from pricing errors. however outpost says " price listed at www.outpost.com at the time of order will prevail" its pretty unusual.

Here's another policy you might want to quote from Outpost's site regarding preorders. I read it carefully before I ordered.

This product is available for preorder. By preordering you can receive new products soon after the manufacturer releases them. You will not be billed until the product has been shipped.

This is why I deem whether or not they made a pricing error irrelevant. If they have not shipped my video card, they should not have charged me.

If they want to sell me the card at $329 as a pre-order, great! If they want to cancel my order and refund my money because of a price error, that's fine too! My complaint here is that they have charged me when their site said that they would not, and I don't have a clue as to when this video card is coming to me.

I wouldn't matter even if they charged me $50!!! The fact is, I'm out some dollars and have nothing to show for it, despite their advertised policy.

The price is good and if I either get a refund or a reasonable estimate on the delivery of my video card (and the rest of my experience is good), I'll probably place another order with them one day. If I had a second experience like this, it's the last time I'd shop with them.

Back