• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Outpost.com Sucks!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sagitta85

Ok, here is the story.

I brought the Visiontek X800 Pro for $342.79 and I when I check the states of it, it says "Backordered". So, I said "screw that" and I e-mail them to cancel the order.

That happen yesterday. Today I check my bank checking account online and I was shock. They charge the video from my checking account when it was on backordered, but here is the kicker... I also cancelled it too. Now, why did they do that? Well, I'm e-mailing them right now and I better get a reply from they explaining way that haven't put back my money in my account.

Here is proof:

account.gif

The middle one is the available balance and the right one is balance before I even bought it. Do the math. That is the last time I shop there.

This is curious...

I ordered an X800 Pro from Outpost.com because it was so cheap (relatively speaking) at $329.00. The card was noted as being pre-ordered... which is cool with me because I don't mind waiting 2-3 weeks to save $70 (everyone else is charging $400).

They didn't state when the cards would be coming in, but the site DOES state that you will not be charged for a pre-order until the item has been shipped.

I checked my credit card today and I've already been billed for my pre-order item!! I checked my order status and it is now Backordered!!

I promptly called them up and the girl tells me that they made an "authorization charge" to my card and that they will re-apply the money tomorrow. I've never heard of another vendor doing this.

I asked the girl about the backorder status and she said they anticipate getting the cards in on the 28th... so I'll have to wait a week.

So despite what their website states, they DO charge you for pre-ordered items... even if it's for a day. I think they should state that clearly on their website.

Well, I cancelled the order on Saturaday, but the money isn't back yet. By the end of tomorrow I don't get my money back, I will lay down the law.

Last edited:
Outpost is Fry's, Did you really expect anything else?

My first experience (and LAST!) with them, was when I ordered a TH711 socket 478 board. It only said TH711, and 478, 2 times. Why should I believe that?

When it came, it was, you guessed it, the TH7 board, with a 423 socket. So I called and demanded a return, with them paying for shipping. 2 weeks later, I looked at the site, and they STILL had that board listed as a TH711 478socket board. So I raised he!! again.

Like I said, they're Fry's! Don't buy ANYTHING over $20 there. Period! Don't buy ANYTHING with any electronic componeent attached. If it has so much as a diode on it, they probably re-wrapped it, when someone returned it.

Arctic silver is fine, (but expensive!) Case screws, DVD movies, CDs, USB cables, that kind of stuff, but no electronic stuff.

Besides, you can get it cheaper, and better, at Newegg!

steve

Back