• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Office slowing down comp?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

stan03

Does anyone know if office can slow down the boot up of a computer? Cause i just did a fresh SP2 format on my old computer yesterday. During boot up the blue bar would not even go accross once before it changed to the logon screen. I installed Office 2003, NAV, and a driver for my wireless card, and a driver for the video card. Now its up to 5 passes of the blue bar. Is that normal that boot times increase soo much after just installing a few programs?

There are several things happening in the backgroud while that Blue Bar makes it's way across your screen. One of them is that your wireless card is requesting an IP address from your router and setting up your network connection. Other services etc. are also loading and taking time to get the machine to the point where you can login. So in a nutshell, yes. After installing the things you mentioned, your machine will take longer to boot than a machine with nothing more than an OS installed on it.

Cheers!!

Back