• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mushkin lvl2 PC3500 Overclocking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ergnas

Registered
I know there is no way to tell how high each individuals overclock will go, but I don't know how to get these modules to go high and not fail in Memtest. I have read that these are supposedly the best modules for Overclocking, the BH-5 chips, but I don't know how to overclock RAM correctly at a 1:1 to get the best performance. I don't know when to change the latencies, the voltages, and FSB to get the maximum overclock that I can out of these. If anyone could give me some tips on beginning to overclock RAM I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks.

muskin pc3500 contains some of the best overclocking bh5 out there.i would first try out the cpu with the memory in 3/2 just to see how fast (fsb) the cpu will go.for example,lets say ur cpu tops out at 255 fsb . i would then set the vdimm voltage for 3.2v(the bh5 wants and needs voltage especially if ur gonna try to run it 255) set the ratio to 1-1 and timings to 2-2-2-5 and see how far u get. if it runs the speed great. but if it tops out at say 240/245 then id try 2-2-3-5 timings or 2.5-2-3-5. now if it wont runs that speed at 1-1 or if the cpu clocks to like 270 fsb then u can always run it at 5/4 ratio at 2-2-2-5 and lower vdimm

Thanks, I'll give that a try. Anyone else have an suggestions?

Thanks a lot for the tip! I did what you said, found my max FSB@ 244MHz, then I took it back to about 225MHz, 1:1, 3.2v on the RAM, kept taking it up, until 241MHz, it was unstable, kept dropping it 1MHz, until it was stable at 239MHz 2-2-2-5! So now I did 3dMark01 and got a score of 18305, which is like 1000 points or so higher that my previous high! Thanks a lot!

Back