• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HT intel and fah

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wizard james

i was thinking while on the can (some of the best ideas are made there)

anyways i was thinkin because if u run one instence of fah it takes up 50 % of the cpu.. but what happens if you make it try and use 200% of the cpu? will it use the other 50%? ... dont know if this makes much since but it does to me..

would this work? i dont have HT so if someone can risk there wu can they try this? ...unless its been tryed and i missed it.. because in the client.cfg theres the cpu prosseser or somehting like that.. if thats set to 200 ..would that work?

It would likely corrupt the cfg, its pretty sensitive to alterations, and it might not know how to interpret the bogus data. :eh?:

o well ..just a thought i had of something. i wonder if theres away tho to make 1 fah run 100 power then just 50% on a ht

That's easy, disable HT. :)

But really, even with 1 instance running, you're still technically using 100% of the cpu in the traditional sense of the term (meaning that the cpu is doing something 100% of the time for the predefined period of time you're measuring). The processor usage values are geared towards the time domain, they don't really measure the percent of the cpu's resources that are in use (i.e. which ALUs, FPUs, etc. are in use), which is the area HT helps. In other words, you have as much right to say you're using 100% of your cpu with one instance as someone running it on an athlon.

Back