• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MSI K7D Master Question on Tempurature Reading or Misreading

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jen

Here is what I have

MSI K7D Master
2400+ 35 watt mobiles at 2600+ 15 x 150
Tmc-XP multiplier changers
Heatsink on CPU 1 is thermalright 800u
Heatsink on CPU 2 is thermalright 900u
Fans used on both is 92 mm Panaflos 43cfm mounted diagonally

Both heatsinks are tightened down same amount useing a measureing device to insure both recieved same amount. Both heatsinks cant move like a regular clip on heatsink will.
My problem is according to PCAlert which is MSI monitioring utility is reporting these temps in a 70F room ,

CPU 1 is at 51c then goes to 60c
CPU 2 is at 41c then goes to 48c
Touching the heatsinks the feel identical in heat meaning no difference.

Now i am wondering if sensor one is somehow misreporting the correct tempurature reading. I dont understand why it is reading so high.
Before anyone says install MBM i have done this in the past and lost my install of windows. I dont want to loose this install

any suggestions?

MSI tools (in my experience) have always read way off as far as temperatures go & everything else.

I would either install a couple thermal probes under your two CPU's or install motherboard monitor. I can't imagine after installing motherboard monitor that windows went bad. Motherboard monitor & or speedfan is probably the closet you'll get to accurate temperature readings from software.

well this morning i tightened down the springs another 1/4 inch more temps are more to what they should be

cpu 1 is reporting 43c
cpu 2 is reporting 46c

now this is more like it , i can see if i can make it to 2800+ with these tempuratures

Jen

Heatsink mounting can dictate temperatures big time, especially with WB's. I still think PC Alert is off.......

Good Luck with the OC.

Try refitting the heatsinks, put a dab of thermal compound on the tip of the cpu temperature sensor. And flash your bios to the latest update.

Back