• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help with Raid ) on P4c800 E deluxe Intel or promise

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sramjones

Disabled
Help with Raid 0 on P4c800 E deluxe Intel or promise

I just set up Raid 0 on MY Computer. I have a Asus P4c800 E Deluxe. I just got 2 WD 36.6 Gb Raptor drives. and love them so far Extremely fast.
I came from a WD 40 GB 5400Rpm drive and was getting about 20MBs on Sisandra now I get 72Mbs on this set up

I used the promise controller on my Motherboard. I knwo that there is also a Intel but could find how to set it up. The Book told me what to do and then told me to press ctrl+i at a certain poiunt I tried spent about a Hour and then couldent do anything so just gave up and Used the promise.

How do you get the Intel Raid to work, i followed the book very carefully, and enable the boot rom and it just didnt show up on the post

Are there any advantages with the Intel over the promise, or is the promise ok. I want to use what allows me to Overclcok the best with the best performance

And what is Intel application acceleration

You should see the ctrl + i that will allow you to do the array. Now setup the BIOS and during the installation of windows you hit f6 to load the controller.

Then update the chipset and load the accerator.

Back