• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

timings? any good?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PHILIP1193

ok i have my 3.2 p4c at 3.6 at default voltage and it is prime stable, my ram timings are 3-4-4-8 are these really slack :-/ as my default timings are 2.5-3-3-8 and it was unstable at those :mad:

i have 1GB corsair 3200 c2.

So are these ok or really slack and naff, if they are naff can u recommend some more timings please?

Cheers Phil

Well you can't get looser timings that 3-4-4-8 on intel rigs so yes they are loose. But I doubt that ram will be able to run any tighter timings. If your really worried abou the timings being loose then go buy some ram with tighter timings. Personally I wouldn't worry about it. @3.6Ghz your computer is plenty fast already

Steve

do you think i could pump up fsb higher as its at 225 so if i go up to 230 would that b any better or think i should stay where i am for mo with same timings??

My corsiar runs 2,2,2,6 at 30mhz over stock. Something has gotta be wrong.

Try setting it at the above timings. For some reason, my ram actually does better ocing on the tight timings than the lose ones. Another thing you can do is up the voltage.

Try setting it at the above timings. For some reason, my ram actually does better ocing on the tight timings than the lose ones. Another thing you can do is up the voltage.
If the RAM is Corsair PC3200 C2 Rev 1.1 or 1.0, then I think it's BH-6 or BH-5. If that's the case, then it should run tighter timings better than loose timings. Can you see what revision your RAM is? Should be on the pretty silver sticker on the heatspreader.

I don't know why it would...timings never hurt anything, and if it's BH-6, it should run with more stability at TIGHTER timings. BH-5 and BH-6 get sloppy at loose timings. 2.9v never hurt anything either...some guys run this stuff 24/7 at 3.4v, though I wouldn't recommend that. :)

well i tryed it and it it wouldn't post at those seting, well it would but mother board told me there was a check sum error which is from emory so on my mobo i held down insert and it went back o normal whoch was really goood!

Phil

Back