• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Temperature monitoring on BD7II gone crazy!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

klath

So I reinstalled most of my components to add water cooling. Now, my CPU temp is consistently lower than the system temp. In fact, in load, System temps climb up to near 67C (57 if you subtract 10 for abit) while my CPU stays near 53C (43 for abit :p ). In idle, system is 46C while CPU is 44C. The heck is going on? Before, system temp never reached beyond 45C....

Thats because your "system temp" sensor is actually your northbridge temp sensor.

The reason the cpu is consistently lower is because its watercooled, while the northbridge still just has the passive heatsink. Now that there is no active cooling blowing over that heatsink from the processor fan, it runs hotter then before. You can buy an aftermarket heatsink/fan for that processor, lap the sink realy good and apply some grease. You will find the temperature drops nicely.

Back