• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DOOM3 demo.....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bojangles

......will not be released untill after the game ships, because work on it has not even started.
http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/07/15/news_6102702.html
I for one, am dissapointed. I wanted to get a taste of doom3 because I will be going on vacation the first week of August and will not be able to get a chance to try it untill i get back :(
Just thought some of you would like to know.
EDIT: Hey looks like Linux user will get a shot to play it soon after release too.

I would also like to take the time to remind the users that the Doom III Alpha (commonly called a 'beta' or 'demo' release) is in fact, considered warez and is not a welcome topic here.

We don't care how your system handled it.
We don't care where you got it.
We don't care about how you tweaked it.

It's not a topic for discussion. Peroid. Dot. End of sentance.

too bad .....the demo will take time...in my place it would take atleast another month or two before it comes at the stores here....will have to wait for the demo till then...:(

arunabh said:
too bad .....the demo will take time...in my place it would take atleast another month or two before it comes at the stores here....will have to wait for the demo till then...:(
funny thing is it will take someone that long to post about it due to playing it
way too much.

Yea, I'm kinda bummed about no demo before it comes out also. I will be buying the game the day it hits bestbuy. I own all the other doom games and will own this one also.

ninthebin said:
I dont think its out in the UK until the 13th :(

so atleast the demo should be out before that release :D
I think the link says the 6th for the UK, except for in russia. I am not sure I'll check in a second.
EDIT: Yes UK will most likely get it August 6th. Which is sooner than I can get it.

Last edited:
I'm tweaking.....I'm tweaking....too much excitement.....and caffine.................OVERLOAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

..........must have doom 3...........must have doom 3.

I think it will be a fun game that I will enjoy to play. Must be why I've had it on pre-order since UT2004 came out!

Changed my order to 2 day air, lol!

Yes UK will most likely get it August 6th

damn...pre-ordered on amazon.co.uk (cancelable I know but...) and they have the 13th down, hope they update that or just send it if they get them on the 6th...whats worse is im still waiting on my damn X800 XT which has no signs of coming in stock from where I ordered it from any time soon, I can only hope that is here before my doom 3 :(

Oni, I see how you preech about not talking about the *demo* of Doom 3, but what about the one that was released to select gamers at E3? I remember seeing on TechTV how they were showing the room and they woulden't let cams in to see it.

Draknem is right, only the Xbox version was shown at the latest E3, 'cause the PC version was too close to finished.

It's not really preaching, per se. People download it, then want tips on how to make it run better etc, when it is clearly warez material. I guess it just bothers me that so many people seem to want to sidestep the rules :-/

Back