• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need Help Please!! All Look @ This

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bfmctango57

I just installed a new 120 gig HD. I have a single HD but it is partitioned into 3 drives. I have a C, F, and a G. I installed Win XP Pro fine with no problems. I formatted F and G drives. Then I went to install Battlefield 1942 on my F drive and the game will not install! It loads 1% and then I get this message "Specified component cannot be found in the media. An attempt was made to access a component that doesn't exist in the names media." I tried to reformatt the drive again. Still same message. Please help!!!

Have you tried installing on the C: and have you tried doing any other activity with the other partitions like defraging or scaning for errors(rclick on drive|properties|tools). It could be possible that this is some sort of anti-piracy, emulation effect. Also you can rclick on my computer|manage and then disk management and see what it says there and check your event viewer, system and application logs in the same place.

OH and welcome to the forums

It doesn't sound like a HDD issue - sounds like the Removeable media is dirty or damaged. ;) You can test by just trying to copy the disc to the HDD, and if you receive errors you will know that there are some files there that cannot be read for one reason or another.

If this is the case you may want to check with the manufacturer for a replacement disc.

Welcome to the forums!

Thanks for the welcome guys!! I've been up for 24 hours setting up my new pooter. :bang head Well sort of. It freakin feels like it!! I bought a new mobo, ram, cpu, case, and HD just the other day. I used Windows to partition HD and when I went to install BF1942, no go. My friend was asleep when I posted on the forum. I couldn't wait for him to wake up! lol He finally woke up and he helped me fix it. All I had to do was change the drive letter from "F" to "D" and the game installed. :bang head I tried formatting, check disk, and disk manager too. Thanks for the welcome and the help!!! :)

Back