• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which card is the better deal?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

smitjel

Registered
I didn't know which forum to post this in but I'm trying to decide on buying an ATI vs Nvidia card. I'm comparing the Nvidia 5700 Ultra 128mb to the ATI 9800 Pro 128mb.

The clock speeds on the Nvidia are higher but it's only 128-bit. Is the ATI worth $40 extra? I'm not going to overclock them so that's irrelevant.

Thanks for any help people!

Your comparing cards that are way outa league apart.. 9800pro blows the 5700 away..esp when quality settings are turned on

A better comparison would be a 5900XT, but the 9800 Pro would still win stock to stock. I just got a 5900XT, should get it by Tuesday, and hope I can mod it to a 5950. If I can, then I'll have better performance than a stock 9800 Pro for cheaper. If not, then I have a decent card and will kick myself for not paying the extra 20 for a 9800 Pro.

Agreed. The 5700 ultra's I have tried wouldnt hold their own agains my old 9700pro. I havent tried the 5900xt myself, but my buddys 5800NU is about even with my 9700pro performance wise.

Back