• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bad Flash lead to bad cpu?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pouey

I had a bad bios flash happen the other day and the bios went corrupt. I hotflashed the chip in another Nforce 2 board, but now my 2600m won't even overclock, it barely even clocks! I have my machine on right now at 1700mhz, at 1.6v. When i start to raise voltages, it just shuts down and the MB makes the noise it made when I had a dead cpu in there. I don't get it, any suggestions guys?

If after resetting the CMOS, disconnecting everything and trying to OC with 1 stick of RAM and video card only after the system cools down, you probably have a mobo problem...

Try testing the chip in another mobo, to isolate the current mobo as the problem.

Well, I've definately narrowed it down to voltages. I'm running my cpu at default voltage at 2250mhz, but once the voltage starts to get higher, it just shuts down. I don't get it. How could a bad flash do this to a motherboard? Anyone ever heard of something like this?

Back