• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MB setting or video card

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dkdgbroyles

Over the last month,my monitor flashes black for 2sec randomly while playing warcraft. The computer never freezes but I believe the video card loses a signal randomly. Is there a setting I should change to stop this in my bios? Funny thing, it will happen several times a day. Sometimes it won't do it once another day.I've changed drivers,disabled VPU recover,turned off my OC on the card and motherboard,raised AGP voltage. Anybody have any ideas?Is my MB giving me problems or video card dying?The video card section isn't helping me that's why I'm posting here.

My guess would be that your stressing the 9200 a bit too much, its a nice little card but not the strongest gamer out there. Do you have or can you borrow another preferably more powerful AGP card to try playing Warcraft with?

What were you using for OC settings & what does the card have for cooling mods?

Regards, Balrog

My bios settings were 250/400 and I OC'ed to 262/420 (core/mem). Now they are at default. The only cooling is the orriginal little fan with a side panel fan blowing on top of it.I'm trying everything I can think of . Right now I'm trying AGP speed at 4x. So far no problems but like I said, it some times don't act up for a day.Thanks for the fast response.

Ok I'm not real familiar with ATI card but I've heard some have sunken cores like the nVidia card have. Personally I think you are just stressing your card & if you don't plan on upgrading you should run them non-OC'd or only slightly OC'd. Either that or take the time to improve your cards cooling which is what I do. I lap the GPU core itself add bigger fans & sinks that have also been lapped. I cut up old sinks to make mini ones for the memory chips, then I OC the crap outta them! :attn:

Regards, Balrog

Back