• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD Mobile 2500+ temp

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

e-van

Hello,

This is my first time with overclocking and I am curious about what temp it too hot for my cpu. I have the AMD mobile 2500+ and currently I only have it set to 1800 mhz with a 1.55 voltage. When I am doing everyday tasks the cpu temp goes to about 45 c, this is with my cpu fan on low. When I have it at full load it goes to about 50c. When I overclock it more it seems to go up a lot more. I have managed to have it running at 45 c when it is clocked to 2500 mhz but i have to have the side of my case off and a table fan blowing on the computer. If i do not do this it goes to high 50's.

I am wondering if these temperatures are anything to be concerned about or if I will be fine. My case also seems to heat up near 35 c, and I don't know if that is too hot as well.

Thank you,
Evan

Hi, welcome to the forums :)

As a rule of thumb I would say under 50 is good, in the 50s is OK but not great, and over 60 isnt good.

That said my duallie runs in the high 50s and low 60s and hasnt had any problems....

A 2500MHz OC is pretty good going btw :)

I also have a thermaltake polo cpu cooler, with these temps do you think that maybe i have installed this cooler wrong?

e-van said:
I also have a thermaltake polo cpu cooler, with these temps do you think that maybe i have installed this cooler wrong?

I'm not familiar with that cooler, but your temps seem OK. Did you use the thermal compound that came with the cooler? And is it clipped on properly?

We did use the thermal paste, and it seems to be clipped on good. I have a feeling the air in my case is not flowing very good would that cause my cpu to heat up more. If so, what should I do to improve the air flow, ie, what case fans should I use

evan

e-van said:
We did use the thermal paste, and it seems to be clipped on good. I have a feeling the air in my case is not flowing very good would that cause my cpu to heat up more. If so, what should I do to improve the air flow, ie, what case fans should I use

evan

How are case fans set up just now? If there is no cool air getting to the CPU fan then it will just be pumping hot air through your heatsink. A duct, or a fan in the side of your case as an intake may help, and an exhaust fan in your case may also help with removal of hot air.

right now i just have the power supply fan and one on the back, I have a spot for another fan on the back and also a spot for an intake fan on the front.

evan

e-van said:
right now i just have the power supply fan and one on the back, I have a spot for another fan on the back and also a spot for an intake fan on the front.

evan

You would probably be best with at least the intake on the front to let some cool air in, possibly may be worth adding the second exhaust at the back.

e-van said:

evan
Fill up those lonely fan grills with some FANS!! :beer: The more the merrier! But yeah, seriously, just pick a fan with a decible/cfm rating that you think you will be able to tolerate and go for it. The bigger fans will be quieter and push more air but you may only have room for the smaller 80mm fans but there is a HUGE selection of them on the internet all over, just check around at some sites, I recommend www.svc.com :thup:
And some wire/cable management inside the case will always help too. (no big rats nests in front of cpu heatsink fans and intake/exhaust fans, bla bla bla...)

Back