• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Disabling HT Technology...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

homer77

if i disabled HT, how much performance hit will i get or it doesn't matter at all if i only play games?

rig detail below.

Why do you want to disable it? Performance hit depends on the game, any game with the
UT engine likes HT ive heard. Coming out of games might be a bit laggy, its best to have it on.

reason why i asked was someone suggested by disabling it i may get higher fsb for my 3.0c instead of stuck @ 240fsb.

It's unlikely you can try it. Disabling HT normally just lets me boot into windows at a high clock speed, never a higher stable overclock, thats what ive had anyway. You might want to try some different ram ive seen alot of people stuck @ 240 and then 241 is hella unstable.

well wait, i thought game engines couldn't take advantage of 2 cpus? If you want better game performance and not multitasking performance you get another 50% for the game to use! I have heard people say they get better framerates on lower end chips.

the game will utilize 100% of the cpu even with HT enabled.. cause it takes precidence over anything else running on your computer at the same time.

Back