• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best Socket A Motherboard?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DarkMark

Registered
What is the best socket A motherboard out there? Why is it the best? I need to upgrade my motherboard from this junk ECS board. :)

Thanks

Just go with the tried-and-true Abit NF7-S Rev 2.0. Less than $90, and I'm getting some damn good overclocks with mine. I can run stable at 240 x 10.5 = 2.5ghz @ 1.875V on cool days, and when I want to keep my room cooler, I run 240 x 8.0 = 1.9ghz @ 1.4V. Lots of flexibility, I learned a lot about OC'ing on this board, and its' been great.

The only problem is finding a good BIOS that will let you overclock higher. This is probably the most critical part of setting up your rig for overclocking if you run a NF7.

don't forget about the DFI- Lan party B Ultra Nforce 2 mobo!

this board can give you up to 3.3 volts for your dimm sockets, which is VERY helpfull, if you have some ram that can hit high FSB's like, over 240.

with the Lanparty B, some peopl have hit over 250 FSB. but thats with good ram. This board was made for overclocking!

But, its a bit more than 90 bucks.

my board, cost me 140 dollars, when i bought mine a month or two ago. but it came bundeled with some extra stuff, like a Case to carry your computer in ( which i use quite a bit ) see-through green rounded IDE Cables. came with a good bit of stuff for the price. and have never looked back on my purchase either.

Back