• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need recomendations for KK266 replacement!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lord Byron

Hey all,

This is my first post so take it easy on me :p

Well it looks like my KK266 is dead, I can get into bios, but it won't boot to HD, floppy, or CD-rom. :mad: :mad:

So I'm gonna try another power supply and proc, but I think its MB :bang head

This rig is just a lan rig for sim racing, so I don't want/can't to spend much money.

So, whats a good MB to replace this with? I want to use all the parts I already have. (To cheap to upgrade)
It currently has/had a 1.4 T-Bird @ 1.5, 512meg PC133??, Antec 400w,Thermo-Engine w/ Delta 60 cfm

So any direction to start would be great, Thanks.

They make some Shuttle Boards that are PC133 and PC2100 compatible. I would start looking there. I ran one just fine with PC133 and switched to DDR a few weeks later.

Yes I did Balrog,
I tore the whole thing down, reseated the proc, memory, cards, and connections. Had the same result. I decided to take the 1.4 T-Bird and replace the 1 gig I have on a Abit KT7-Raid. It runs but I haven't had a chance to tweak it much yet.
It means going from a KT133A to a KT133. So I'll guess I'll try this for a while if its good enough to lan race.

Thanks for the suggestions!

You could also look at the ECS K7S5A line of mobo's. they support both sdram and ddr. They arent very good for ocing but they are fairly stable. And you can get em pretty cheap like 50 bucks or less.

Oh And Welcome to the Forums

Back