• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help me get some drivers

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

VortexTk

Registered
I was fixing a guy's computer, just had to reformat because that thing was loaded with crap, it was almost impossible just to start applications. Anyways, I'm running win2k pro on it now, what he had before, and the only devices without drivers are video/audio. They're both onboard, and I don't know how to figure out what they are to download the correct drivers. I guess it's custom built, or atleast, was put in a new case with some new parts, because it doesn't have any labels or logos on it. Any help's appreciated, thanks.

I don't know really. The harddrive is only 6 gigs, amd duron 900 mhz. 192megs of memory, but, he said a friend overhauled it a few months ago, so I guess he added some stuff, gave it a new case maybe? I don't know. I'll try those drivers, any solid way to determine exactly what is inside this computer?

If you need the on board video/audio drivers for the computer then we are going to need the mobo make and model to be any help. Drivers are specific for hardware so without the make and model of the motherboard we can't help you out. If you can't find any labels or logos you might want to try a program that gives you motherboard info, like Sisoft Sandra (it knows exactly which mobo I'm running).

That's what I was asking for. I can't see anything on the motherboard. But I might have found something, so I'll try that. Then sisoft sandra.

Ok well, it says mainboard SiS-730
and for audio, MPU-401 compatible MIDI device

Eh, I'll start looking, any more help is welcome of course lol, and does anyone need anything else from sisoft sandra?

Aw wait a minute, this SHOULD be the motherboard, a pain to find, K7SEM rev:1.0. Guess that'll help my search some too..any other advice?

I hate computers without motherboard cds. I really really do =/ I'm downloading some stuff off of the SiS site. I'll let you know what happens, it'll be like 20 mins more, its drivers for tons of different chipsets, and its not going terribly fast(25kbs)

Thank you thank you thank you thank you! Would you like a cookie? =P Alright, thanks guys. Everything's fine.

Back