• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CS source at Cafès PICS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Big_Baller

Ok so me and my friend went to the Lan cafè in Bellevue. I hoped that someone from valve would show up..but I didn't see anyone. We took a few screenshots.
Shee.JPG

shee2.JPG

nade.JPG

PetePara.JPG

It was hard taking screenshots because with the beta steam would crash if you alt+tab and the machines that they were running the beta on wern't exactly....sweet. They were running Geforce 4 ti4200.

Its a beta. Its fun. I had some resolution problems. The recoil seems a little funky. The game had some lag issues at <100 pings!!! Perhaps it was the place that we were at but there was some funny lag going on. Overall it was fun, I can't wait to see what the comminity does with the engine.

Awesome. They look great for running on a Dx8 card. I can't wait to see the source engine at its best on an X800 or 6800.

Yeah, I was about to say that those pictures don't look as good as I thought they would, but for a 4200 they actually look very good. I wonder how Source will run on a 9800?

CS: Source is the same Counter-Strike that's been around for years, but it uses the HL2 engine instead of the HL engine.

Those screenshots don't look impressive at all. I know it's a 4200 and all, but still.......I was expecting more from the Source engine. This doesn't look much better than the old Counterstrike.

I just got done playing at a local cafe here, unfortunately it was on a relatively poor computer. 2200+ with a ti 4200 128mb. Either way the graphics were pretty good. Pretty much what you see in bink videos is what I saw even with the "old" video card. The settings were set to high @ 1024x768 and I'd say it averaged 35 fps.

you probably wouldn't see much of a difference between a 9800xt and an x800xt, except for framerates..but.. I can't wait for the beta to come out for CZ owners, less than 3 more days! :D

blah DC looks better than that stuff...The E3 video looked way better showing all the effects and environment stuff...

*Cough* I just posted them for joor viewing enjoyment. The faces lacked any animation. As we have seen HL2 has awsome facial animation. They just did a plain vanilla port of CS to the new engine. I have hopes for new mods on the engine. From playing the beta it seems that they just didn't want to botch up CS and change things to **** everyone off. Its CS with physics, new textures, shadows, and a wicked flashbang effect.

It's prob the type of game where pictures don't do the justice. Like Doom 3 looks nice in pictures, but in motion, it's a whole different story. I can't way to try out the game though. I'm sure I'll be on for hours just knocking down barrels and gawking at the new engine.

It's more than a basic port, they made all new player and weapon models, changed the way weapons fired to be more realistic(they went to firing ranges and recorded how ALL the guns fired and sounded) and not to mention the new maps with bump mapping, and all the extra eye candy and stuff to play around with.
Here's a nice preview/review from Gotfrag: http://www.gotfrag.com/cs/news/2483

oso_fast: You will be able to enter your ati coupon into your steam account and that will allow you to play the CSS beta in 2 days and halflife2 when it comes out.

Edit: You can't really expect too much from this, since it's NOT CS2, but I sure as hell will be happy even though my computer sucks, since tried and true counter-strike gameplay is all I need to keep me busy.

Syx said:
It's more than a basic port, they made all new player and weapon models, changed the way weapons fired to be more realistic(they went to firing ranges and recorded how ALL the guns fired and sounded) and not to mention the new maps with bump mapping, and all the extra eye candy and stuff to play around with.
Here's a nice preview/review from Gotfrag: http://www.gotfrag.com/cs/news/2483

oso_fast: You will be able to enter your ati coupon into your steam account and that will allow you to play the CSS beta in 2 days and halflife2 when it comes out.

Edit: You can't really expect too much from this, since it's NOT CS2, but I sure as hell will be happy even though my computer sucks, since tried and true counter-strike gameplay is all I need to keep me busy.
But yet the bullets will still fly out to the left when holding the gun right handed? :eek: . Obviously they still know nothing about guns just from that right there.

I dont really care for CS. It is completely unbalanced and filled with cheaters.

Phoenix87 said:
But yet the bullets will still fly out to the left when holding the gun right handed? :eek: . Obviously they still know nothing about guns just from that right there.

I dont really care for CS. It is completely unbalanced and filled with cheaters.

Cheaters is a sign of how popular a game is. The more popular the more cheaters.

Unbalance as in how? The weapons are very similar to each other, with different balances and also the maps were designed to give the defending team some advantage..some maps are terr others ct.

Back