• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How do you properly run Prime95

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nissmo300

I see people say I ran prime with no errors ran dual prime and I just want to know which setting do you choose to run those tests?

I run blend for maybe an hr. In my opinon 99.9% of the errors you find occur within the first 5-10 mins. Thats all thats really needed.

The tests you run are available under "Options" / Torture Test. Then from there select your choice

When first testing an OC, I run the small test first..the first one. After that runs for at least 2 hours, I run the second test,(since usually all I am OCing is the CPU) the power, and heat test. Once that test has run about 6-8 hours, I will then run the 3rd test for 8+ hours(until it fails).

If you intend on running two at the same time(for HT), you must install two P95 into different folders. You can then run any variation of the tests you want.

Back