• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OK Should i... keep the 6800nu or get a 9800P or X800

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

devilscow22

OK i have this 6800Nu and its picky as hell about what agmes it decides it should play. It is really making me mad but here is what i want advice on.

A) i keep this card and wait for better drivers/ anything to make it work in games i like

B) I sell or return this to newegg and get a X800 Pro with the higher performance but maybe similar issues with games

C) Sell/return this and get a 9800P(maby 256mb?) and OC like hell

D) sell/return and use a TI4200 or FX5200 both 128mb
Thanks for your help/oppinions

What are you having issues with? My 6800NU has given me no problems at all, either with the 61.77 or the 62.20 drivers. Are you doing it on a clean driver install?

how about option this option:

2a. Keep the card and wait for a GT to pop up somewhere. GT's are better, especially when overclocked and compared to x800 pro's. x800 pro's are more competitive with 6800nu's than a GT. Go GT you will be more than pleased I went from NU-GT and got an almost 200% increase in some games, especially Farcry. That and GT's run the source engine faster than pro's and let's not speak of the out performance in Doom3, that is just sad.

uhh...L>MS, where did you read that the GTs ran the Source engine better than the Pros? I've heard the opposite. And...the X800 is nearly equal with the GT except for in OGL games. Doom 3 being an EXTREME. All your info seems totally backwards to me.

You can find a better deal on X800 pro for around $333 from M. Dell. One guy got the card and that is VIVO verson. Check out cyber deal.

L>MS said:
how about option this option:

2a. Keep the card and wait for a GT to pop up somewhere. GT's are better, especially when overclocked and compared to x800 pro's. x800 pro's are more competitive with 6800nu's than a GT. Go GT you will be more than pleased I went from NU-GT and got an almost 200% increase in some games, especially Farcry. That and GT's run the source engine faster than pro's and let's not speak of the out performance in Doom3, that is just sad.

I'm sorry, but I can't agree with anything you said.

could you please back up what your saying with some links and/or pics that back up what your saying.

how could we respect what your saying, when everything I've seen or heared has disagreed with your statements on the cards you listed.

as I've asked you repeatedly from many threads here in this forum....
if your going to start making claims that seem to be far fetched, at least back them up with something.
anything.
man, at least use a web site that don't know what they are doing...if it makes your point.

speaking such trash only hurts the members of this forum, and helps no one.

mica

Mica once again lays teh smacketh down on a thread. :clap:

btw, has anyone seen the FiringSquad tests? They seem to be the most accurate so far. I didn't see the 30%, but the X800 Pro was a bit faster, or in all other occasions, on par with the 6800 U.

The 6800NU is going to beat a 9800pro/xt.
The 6800NU is probably on par with the X800pro, but the X800pro has 256mbDDR3, but for the price of the X800pro you'd be better off with a 6800GT
The 6800NU is easily beaten by the X800XT because of it's extra memory and longer pixel pipeline.

By the way, X800's showed slightly higher framerates on the source engine, but the image quality was slightly better with the 6800 series.

Kibo-kun said:
Mica once again lays teh smacketh down on a thread. :clap:

btw, has anyone seen the FiringSquad tests? They seem to be the most accurate so far. I didn't see the 30%, but the X800 Pro was a bit faster, or in all other occasions, on par with the 6800 U.

firing squad also seem to have one of the game settings (water) set at "world" instead of "all" like in the HD review.

btw, world is like high, and all is like ultra high in farcry....just for your info only.

edit, seems that they ether they retyped part of the review as compared to what I saw earlyer (typo), or the tests are realy still with water at "world".
who knows?
what I see now in the review....""We turned up the detail settings to their maximums on the high-end cards, this means that model, texture, and shadow detail were all set to high, while water detail was set to reflect all objects.""

mica

Last edited:
Syx said:
The 6800NU is probably on par with the X800pro, but the X800pro has 256mbDDR3, but for the price of the X800pro you'd be better off with a 6800GT
The 6800NU is easily beaten by the X800XT because of it's extra memory and longer pixel pipeline.

and you say this based on ????

mica

Syx said:

1. Agreed.
2. Hell no it's not. X800Pro rapes a NU
3. Agreed.

If you don't NEED to buy something new, why bother with it?

Sort out your issues with your current card.

Try driver cleaner and perhaps a full and careful reformat/reinstall.

micamica1217 said:
firing squad also seem to have one of the game settings (water) set at "world" instead of "all" like in the HD review.

btw, world is like high, and all is like ultra high in farcry....just for your info only.

edit, seems that they ether they retyped part of the review as compared to what I saw earlyer (typo), or the tests are realy still with water at "world".
who knows?
what I see now in the review....""We turned up the detail settings to their maximums on the high-end cards, this means that model, texture, and shadow detail were all set to high, while water detail was set to reflect all objects.""

mica

I bet they mistakenly put in "World" at first instead of "All" on the review. The data doesn't seem to have changed and FS isn't the kind of place that would contradict themselves by not updating the tests...

What I want to see is a FPS comparison from "World" to "All". :attn: :bday:

devilscow22 said:
OK i have this 6800Nu and its picky as hell about what agmes it decides it should play. It is really making me mad but here is what i want advice on.

A) i keep this card and wait for better drivers/ anything to make it work in games i like

B) I sell or return this to newegg and get a X800 Pro with the higher performance but maybe similar issues with games

C) Sell/return this and get a 9800P(maby 256mb?) and OC like hell

D) sell/return and use a TI4200 or FX5200 both 128mb
Thanks for your help/oppinions

I found the exact same thing with a couple different 6800NU's I tried, I just think the die is flawed on that card.. I went to a GT and its been much much better. I'd recommend going with that.

Back