• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

9500Pro To 9700Pro

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cozmo_d

Hi this might be a stupid question but gona ask anyway.....

If I change from a 9500Pro (Ati) to a 9700Pro (Crucial) do I need to reinstall the drivers ? or Clear the Bios ?

I normaly would format when switching vid cards but Id prefer not to if I can get away with it ???

thx!!!

dont you change the bios when you mod that ? softmod... anyway yeah i'd reinstall the drivers.

Yes Alien, if you look in the sig ull see I have flashed this 9500Pro so i could OC it.

Im about to upgrade this mobo kx7_333 with a xp2600+ Barton 333 fsb & a 9700Pro

What I need to know is....... if switching vid cards without formating the HD is going to create any problems....

Hello ???

Surley other people have done this & could give some tips or advise regaurding the situation, Anyone ?

Yes, I would reinstall. If you are making a big deal of it, you probably dont have the latest drivers anyway. I enjoy new stuff.

you dont havta reformat, just reinstall drivers, no big deal takes 10 minutes tops.

I would personally stay away from crucial video cards, coz IIRC some time ago they were selling cards that were way slower than any other manufacturer. Make sure the clock speeds of the RAM and core are the same as the ones on the ATi card before buying.

You do not need to reformat the HDD, but you will need to reinstall drivers if you change from a 9500 Pro to a 9700 Pro. I'd download the drivers you want to use with the new card first (I'm using Cat 4.9 beta and love 'em).

I have found it's best to uninstall the drivers and control panel (anything that says ATI) before removing the old card. Go into the control panel and do this under "add/remove programs". When it wants you to restart, just say no and shut down the computer normally.

Switch cards and power up. When it tries to auto install the new device, just cancel. Once you are back in Windows, find your new drivers and install them. You'll need to restart to have it take effect. You are done!

Back