• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GA7N400L not detecting tbredb

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

12am

My friend purchased a ga7n400l mobo and I gave him my old 2100+tbredb, and it was working well when I had it. Now after putting it in the gigabyte board the multiper is not being picked up properly (it's reporting a 1500+). I cannot change or view what multi it's set to because the mobo does not allow multiper adjustment (I have tried 4 diffrent bioses for the board and none offer multi adjustment) I know that the 2100+ has the default of 13x but I just aren't getting it. Any suggestions? should he just go out and buy a new chip? as my prolonged o/c of the 2100+ might have damaged it in some way? the chip is prime stable and the multi works in other boards just not his.

BUMP BUMP BUMP

MY CPU HAS THE SAME PROBLEM

i have an athlon xp2200 when i boot it shows as a 1500+ im loosing 700mhz.. i cant set the CLK switch to on so that its set to 200mhz because it wont boot then.

i tried the multipliers and everything.. the cpu has never been o/c'd or anything whats the problem?

ok i worked out how to fix it...

for anyone else having the same problem its easy to fix but really bizzare

1st - set the default FSB to 166Mhz. (instead on 200mhz)
2nd - flick the ratio switches to auto
3rd - change the CLK sWITCH to on

im now booting at 2200 they way it should be

Ya I too found the same answer, god I can't believe I missed something so trivial, I shoulda known better.

the funniest part is my 2200+ has been running at 1500+ for about a year... i finally got off my *** and turned it off to try and fix it :p

yeah im thrilled especially seeing its my main pc :rolleyes:
fixed that now the next step is fixing my video card and powers supplu ARGH!! :mad: :bang head

Back