• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help With Overclocking p2 450 mhz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Msi.

Hello

Recently My Uncle has spared a pentium 2 450 mhz computer with a 14 gig hard drive @ 7500 rpm, This was intended for me to turn into my sisters game machine since she is always useing my computers to play counter-strike anways let me skip the bull**** and go to the point.

I need to boost the processor speed to around 600 or 700 mhz instead of 450 mhz

my questions

1. is it possible to Overclock it that high.
2. how would i set it that high.

arangeing it to stay cool is ok since i can take care of that i just need to know how high i can get it.

thank you :p

I dont know if you will be able to get that thing all the way up to 600-700 mhz, but you should be able to overclock it a bit if you have a motherboard that is capable of either changing the fsb or multipliers. Usually on older boards like that you have to manually set up some dip switches to change those things.

See if you can find out the make and model of that motherboard, with that information someone here should be able to tell you if its even possible with that board and if so how to do it.

Good Luck :)

i dont remember correctly, but i beilieve the highest it can go is either... 558Mhz or 598Mhz, depending on the mobo, anyway download CPUFSB, install that on there, enter in the mobo manufacturer, and the make, then raise the fsb to 124Mhz seee if that runs solid if it does go for 133mhz fsb, it may not be solid though so just run it at 124mhz :) have fun.

Back