• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Yet another issue with outpost.com

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Krusty

Insane Overclocking Clown
Last week, Frys Electronics had a killer deal for an Intel 3.2E processor and an ECS motherboard for $200.

At the exact same time, Outpost.com had a killer deal on an Intel 3.2E processor and a MSI motherboard for $220.

I live in Southern California. I'm near a Frys. In fact, I was there like twice just last week because I'm building a system for my girlfriend. I could have saved $20, bought the combo, then went and bought a different motherboard. But I chose to order from outpost.com because the MSI motherboard they offered had recieved some very good reviews online and (most importantly), It had a Serial ATA RAID controller that would support RAID 1.

So I opted to get the MSI motherboard combo and save some cash not having to buy an i865 ir i875 motherboard. I recieved the motherboard today. The Outpost ad said 6 channel audio. The Outpost ad said Serial ATA RAID. The front of the motherboard box said IEEE 1394.

I opened up the box and saw 2 channel audio, no Serial ATA RAID, and no firewire. I normally wouldn't mind missing these features, except I NEED RAID 1 in this system and have already purchased all the items needed for RAID 1.

Upon further inspection, there are apparently two types of MSI PT880 motherboards. One has 6 channel audio, RAID, and firewire. The other is the piece of garbage they sent me.

I called Outpost today. The ladys manager will get back to me tomorrow with an answer as to whether or not they are going to send me a motherboard that does support Serial ATA RAID. So at the moment, this is a minor rant. Tomorrow, this post will either be a commendation on the customer service at Outpost.com or it will be one angry rant.

yeah... outposts service isnt that great... see if you can exchange the mobo at the frys store itself.. talk to a sales manager..

stupid outpost. I was told I would get an email. It is now 9pm. I tried calling them about half an hour ago and their customer service office is closed and I have yet to recieve an email.

Well who would've thunk? After a BIOS flash and reseating one of the Parallel ATA -> SATA converters, the BIOS allowed me to set up a RAID 1 drive. Installing the RAID drivers off of the msi web site allowed me to recognize that there is a drive in Windows and I am now formatting a 200GB mirrored drive that came in a motherboard that was practically FREE and comparable to an i875p motherboard.

It turns out that Outpost.com was correct in claiming that it has RAID even though MSI officially claims that the motherboard does not have RAID.

For anyone who may purchase this motherboard in the future, I was not able to get Windows to recognize a single Serial ATA drive. I HAD to have 2 drives with the RAID configured in order to recognize a drive in Windows.

Sorry to hear this. It's hard to believe how bad some of these company's CS is. At least you were able to get ahold of someone *COUGH* xoxide *COUGH*.

I got an order in today from 3dcool and I had never dealt with them before. First off I ordered a Fan and light controller and they sent me a full kit complete with cathodes. No complaints there, but my SP-94 was missing nearly all the assembly pieces.

Kind of a pain since I had my comp gutted and ready for the upgrades. When I called they didn't answer so I left a message and 5 seconds after I hung up the phone it rang and it was them.

The guy was apologetic, said he would comp me and call Thermalright on my behalf and had me call them. Called 'em up and they had me email them my order number and address and they are shipping the pieces first thing monday morning.

Whole thing took about 15 minutes to resolve. It's really too bad that there arent more places like that. I hope outpost does you right, wish you the best of luck with it.

Does any body rember how Outpost.com used to be 2 or so years ago....they had Free Overnight Shipping on eveything. I rember once i ordered something at 10pm it came the next day a little after 10am....that was sweet but it looks like they really went to **** over the past few years :cry:

Back