• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

barton core, moble sempron..??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Memphis69

heya guys i got my m2600 today everyhing went as planed but it reads as a moble smepron with a barton core... any ideas.?

alirght i will in a lil bit.. i am useing CPU-Z i have 512 64 64 cache its strange

Its nothing to be worried about, the board probably just needs a BIOS update to fix this. But it doesn't affect performance or anything.

nope not worried about it at all.. i think its kind of kool.. and no the bios are current on the board... so.. its all good i just was thinkin it was neat.. lol

Your BIOS must be fairly recent to even confuse your CPU with it because there is such a thing as a Barton based Sempron now and there didn't used to be...
http://www.c627627.com/AMD/AthlonXP/

If they ever release a follow up to the 3000+ Barton-Sempron, it could be clocked higher....

If you look under processor in the gcpuid it says it's a athlon xp (barton).

it is also being called a sempron.... i know that its a barton core....

its kool.. like i said i did not know if it was something speical. or not... but anyways i love this chip i had it up to 2.58 225X11.5 hehe

um... a blower fan.. lmfao! it did not hang out their for long.. but it booted windows and everthing was ok.. for the time that it was up that high....

Back