• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mic problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bth

Registered
Hi gurus,

Having a problem: I'm hooking my front audio ports on a Wavemaster to an audigy 2 zs card. This is a manual job, since CreativeLabs doesn't support this.

My headphones work great -- no problems. The mic though, doesn't quite work. It is very static-y, and the voice samples I record can be heard but barely over the static. If I hook the mic up to the rear mic input on the card, all is good.

The mic is a small logitech headset headphone/mic combo. So I may have something hooked up wrong, but wondering what this may be (grounding for example). The Wavemaster as only 4 pins, Headphone Left, Right, Mic In, and Ground.

In pasting the pin layout below in case someone is an audiophile and already tackled this issue. With the Mic In line hooked up to pin 6, I get nothing. I get the static/low audio when it's on Pin 8.

Audigy 2 ZS pins:
1 - Analog Ground
2 - Analog Headphone Out Left
3 - Audio Backpanel Mute
4 - Analog Headphone Out Right
5 - same as #3
6 - Mic input from front panel
7 - key pin
8 - Mic w/ VREF
9 - MIC IN MUTE
10 - Audio Cable Detect

Any ideas? Many thanks,
Brian

Broken wire maybe? from the mic to the connection to the Audigy 2? Or a loose connection. Try messin' around by disabling the 20+DB option the mic option has on the Audigy 2 control panel.

Back