• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

optical audio? om a gigabyte ga-78lmt- USB3

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MrEd

Registered
  1. I don't really know what I am doing but wondering if I can get optical audio output on a gigabyte ga-78lmt-usb3 motherboard. (If no, this post needs to be deleted)
  • I just bought a new wireless headphones that does 7.1 surround sound, but needs the optical cable to make that happen. The manufacturer says on most gaming and newer computers the headphone jack on the front is digital and would work with a Monoprice 102671 Toslink Female to Toslink Mini Male Adapter Does that sound correct to any of you?

. Or what other options do I have to get that optical connecter, (new soundcard?), and will this motherboard even support it first and foremost. Thanks for any help!!

• Ibuypower prebuilt pc
  • in Thermaltake case with front speaker and mic and usb connections

If it helps, this is what the manual says:

10) SPDIF_O (S/PDIF Out Header)
This header supports digital S/PDIF Out and connects a S/PDIF digital audio cable (provided by expansion
cards) for digital audio output from your motherboard to certain expansion cards like graphics cards and
sound cards. For example, some graphics cards may require you to use a S/PDIF digital audio cable for
digital audio output from your motherboard to your graphics card if you wish to connect an HDMI display
to the graphics card and have digital audio output from the HDMI display at the same time.
For information about connecting the S/PDIF digital audio cable, carefully read the manual for your
expansion card.

Doesn't look like there's any option on the board to plug a toslink cable in to.

Back