• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CRT suggestions under $200

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gouda96

I am building a comp for a friend, and he wants a crt. I haven't bought a crt in like 2 years, so I don't know much about them. I would like to get him a 19" for about $200. Any suggestions would be realy helpful :)

Well I'm looking for a new monitor as well and I actually found one that fits in with my current rig's color scheme.

It's a KDS 19" flat screen at (get this) wal-mart. I just saw it today so I'm looking around for some reviews but it's $118 USD , Flat screen and has max reso of 1280 x 1024 @72hz which is my preferred resolution. I didn't see what the pitch was but it's a nice clean looking monitor.

Only reference I have so far is my parent's 22" KDS which works great, saw no replies to your thread so figured I'd chime in with what I'm considering.

You can pick up that monitor at Office Depot this weekend for their 18 anniversary for $98 USD just get there early it is a great monitor for the money, that way you can use the other 100 for a better vid card if needed.

edit: Sorry this is for the Xtreme Flat version 197.00 in store or online
http://www.officedepot.com/ddSKU.do?level=SK&id=558866
after rebate it will take it down to 98.00 that is a sweet deal on that monitor. Max Res is 1600x1200 so it should run 1280x1024 at a nice refresh.

I too have been shopping around for a 19" or bigger monitor around the same price range. I remember though, when 15" was the standard and when I saw a 19" monitor playing Quake 3 demo1 I was like DAMN THATS THE SWEETEST THING IVE EVER SEEN!

DooLocsta said:
You can pick up that monitor at Office Depot this weekend for their 18 anniversary for $98 USD just get there early it is a great monitor for the money, that way you can use the other 100 for a better vid card if needed.

edit: Sorry this is for the Xtreme Flat version 197.00 in store or online
http://www.officedepot.com/ddSKU.do?level=SK&id=558866
after rebate it will take it down to 98.00 that is a sweet deal on that monitor. Max Res is 1600x1200 so it should run 1280x1024 at a nice refresh.

Where is the info on the rebate? $98 for that monitor would be a great steal.

Ebay for a used Trinitron/Diamondtron. You should be able to get a 19" in great condition for ~120 shipped, and you might be able to get a 21" model for ~200. Both of which will be *significantly* better than anything you can find on sale at your local big box stores.

Seeing as how I've been looking at getting a new monitor myself I decided to look at Ebay like Nero suggested.
I can't believe the prices compared to places like Best Buy.
Here's a 21" Sony Trinitron for a Buy It Now price of $179!! Dear god how can I pass that up hehe...
The seller also has a 98.9% positive feedback rating out of 8056 transactions.
Hopefully this'll help some in your search :)

Yeah, he was deffinately right about ebay, which realy surprised me because ebay doesn't usually seem to have good deals unless there is something wrong. My friend picked up a sweet 19" sony trinitron for ~$100 shipped, and it is in almost perfect condition and works great.

Thanks for the advice Nero!

Back