• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

bad 3dmark01 scores...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PLOBBY

Look in sig for specs...
why cant i get at least up to 19,000? im around 18,600 I mean seriously i think is should at least be in the 19,000's....I just got a vga silencer rev 3 and got my core from 412 to 441 w/o artifacts and mem still at 370....ive only have my cpu at 2.1 but its because crappy heatsink...i think my 3dmark03 scores are alright i just got 6660.....o yeah and i flashed it to a 9800xt with hynix memory....im gunna see if i can get maybe up to 2.2 tonight and see if i can get it stable...but just wondering about my low 3dmark01 scores....

well im not trying to rub anything in at all but i think your'e right about your score being odly low. I have a mobile barton running at 2.6, with my old 128mb r350 core 9800 (@417/380) i used to get 21000 so i would say ur hurting alittle. how old is your install and have you dfraged? hit make sure u hit up the 4.9s and check your aa / aniso settings. I could see that being your score if you had aniso on but not just bone stock driver settings

Last edited:
you think you got problems with 3dmark 01se, check out my rig in the sig and all I get is a 19826, absoluetly frustrating.

yea, i just lost all internet on my computer i spent 2 hours doing everything me and a friend could but nothing...so i have to go out and get a new pci wireless card...we tried all the other wireless cards in the house but no dice....so ill have to wait a lil for the 4.9's unless i will just put that and a dfriver cleaner on my pendrive and load um on....

I defrag almost every week id say...and my computer is just about a month old so im just getting into tweaking everything right now....ive almost got my cpu stable at 2.2 which im happy about and hopefully that will change the score a little bit....i have the omega 4.8's right now...ill try omega 4.9's if i can soon...just wondering what you guys thought were better...the catalyst 4.9's or omegas....

Don't use omegas. Give a compare link. I get 20209 at stock speeds (pro, not XT), so you're definitely a little behind.

alright ill try catalyst this time....when i had to reinstall my drivers for when i flashed it i just thought i could try the omegas just to see and havnt changed them eyt so yea ill try catalyst this time...

i can get a screenie but thats about it...cause its gunna be a week prolly before i get my internet back on my main rig....

*Edit*

i always have taken screenies after benching 3dmark so i have the one i just did yesterday and got a horrible score

Ok, but take a screenie of the details, where it shows the FPS for each test. That's much more important than the score pic.

kk, i didnt i of the last one...but of the new one i will once i run it again with the new ocprime hasnt failed for 45 min. so far :) used to fail in 5:)

i was a retard and forgot to take a screenie of what i just ran and i got 18727 compared to 18251....i have the madonion version if this effects anything?

nah even the one off futuremark is Madonion version. As long as it's SE and build 330 it's the same one. Also look at a similar thread I started a couple of days ago for some helpful hints from Sen and Gautam. they helped me get my score up to 21.2k :attn:

I think your not being held back by your card. 3dmark01 is almost completly cpu limited, an X800XT PE can get 12k marks on a 2000+, and 40k marks on a 5ghz P4. Try to get a few more mhz out of your ram and cpu, that will give a much larger jump.

yea ive been trying to get it stable at 2.2 but dont have any pci/agp locks so no luck so far...

I think its because you're using the wrong version of 3DMark. Where exactly did you find that version anyways? And how are you using DirectX 8.0 on Windows XP???

You should be using 8.1, or 9.0, and you should be using 3DMark2001SE build 330, which is the version found everywhere.

Also, make sure all of your sliders are set to performance in the Direct3d properties.

i speculate that something is dragging down your car high and low scores quite severly. i get almost the same fps (in those two tests) with the rig in my sig, which should definetly not be happening

Back