• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The right temp

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MadHeat

Registered
undefinedundefinedI am looking to find out if my CPU is running too hot or not. It's a 3.0E intel celeron and at idle it's about 43 degrees celcius. If it is too hot then what to do? New heat sink or what? I can afford up to about 80 dollars. and how do I adjust the vcore on a asus p4p800se motherboard? Please help. :drool: :eh?:

First off the Asus motherboard reports about 5°C too LOW.
What is your ambient temp? Room temp.
You can get Motherboard Monitor 5 and that will work on this motherbaord 100% as I have the same board.
As far as the vcore goes, that is a bit outta my league.
Heat sinks = Zalman CNPS7000AlCu ( forget the CU version not much diff in temp) or a Thermalright XP-120a nd a GOOD 120mm fan. It will fit w/o a problem

Finally, WELCOME TO THE FORUMS

I'm using a CNPS7000CU already in there. So what else should I do. and I dont now my room temp its cooler now that I have two fans next to the window. and were do I get this motherboard monitor 5?

search for it, and why do u want to know how to change ur vcore, u dont want to o/c with those temps, and ur voltage should be ok, but it should be in the bios, or get softFSB (search for motherboard monitor 5 and softFSB on google)

is fanspeed a software program? I just put motherboard monitor 5.7 on my computer and it says im running at 44 dgrees on my cpu

It's a 3.0E intel celeron and at idle it's about 43 degrees celcius.

MadHeat are you sure you don't mean " Prescott"

If it is an "E" then it is a prescott and 42C to 44C at Idle is fine

Welcome to the forums

Dave

no it's deffinatly a 3.0E. and this has been a problem since I got my computer. at first without the new heatsink it was at 58 degrees.

MadHeat, if it is a prescott then you temps at idle are fine ( on air)

Do you know what they are under a load ??

My temps were also thru the roof when I first installed my 2.8e.
After adding a duct along with a fan in my side panel they dropped like a rock.
Just for good measure I added a SP-94 and a 92 MM fan but did not see much of a difference over the stock HSF

I think the secret to using the stock HSF is to feed it plenty of cool "outside air"
You can read the link in my signature for some ideas on how to keep a prescott cool.

Good Luck :thup:
Dave

the monitor says that it is 45 while I'm on the internet right now.

:bang head It dosn't say that it is a prescott on the box anywere.

Last edited:
The " e" in 3.0E designates a prescott

On the spec sheet you should see that it is an 800 FSB with 1 meg of L2

Nice chip , overclocks well but runs hot

Cruising the internet is not much of a load , try running a demanding game or a benchmarking program like sissandra

Dave

Hey and thank you for baring with me on this one. It has explained alot so far.

Prime95 or FAH are the preferred items for testing load temps... If you want something just quick and dirty, use toast.

We actually have a FAH team if you want to install that and join team 32! ;)

/end plug

I tested it under a load and its didn't go above 50 degrees so I was wondering if anyone thinks that it would be ok to try and overclock it?

Back