• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Come one, come all troubleshoot the A64

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tbaerg

Registered
Greetings Dudes,
First things first, specs:
Chaintech vnf3-250
XP-90 heatsink with Panaflo 90mm highoutput+
A64 2800 CG
512 mb corsair pc3200
XNY Vanilla 6800
Hitachi 80 GB SATA
Samsung 16x dvd
Aspire 500W

Now then here's the deal. I just got this rig put together about 2 weeks ago. Out of the box at stock voltage, I easily hit 2.5ghz with 277x9. Had to scale the RAM back of course, but it was also hitting 461mhz at 2.5-3-3-8 at stock voltage. HTT multi was 3. Ran this speed for just over two weeks with no problems. Prime95 was rock solid for 24hrs. 3dmark03/05 both run solid for 24hr loops. Case temps run 27-29c. Cpu temps are 26 idle and 31 at full load. Just last night I everything froze while i was playing Call of Duty. No big deal I thought, so I just hit the reboot button. Windows install was corrupted and couldn't find the config.sys file so I ended up just wiping and reinstalling everything. A couple times I kept getting memory errors during the reinstall/reboot. I put everything back to stock as a precaution. Finished reinstalling everything and now I can't overclock at all. I can't even get stable at 2.2ghz. I have the Ram scaled waaay back using the 133 divider, and I even upped the voltage to 1.575. No luck though. So I ended up just putting everything back at stock. I thought at first that maybe the RAM was wussing out on me, so I tried some spares, but that didn't help. I'm pretty sure it's the cpu, so if anyone can confirm that for me or point me in a new direction, please do so. THanks for the help

Tom

Well can't help you much, but I can tell you that before this 2600+ mobile I had another one that did the same speed with less voltage but after I tried pumping 1.93v thru it it didn't boot and my oc lowered to 2.4ghz no matter the voltage, so I kept trying to get to 2.5ghz again but after trying 1.8v it happened again and my oc lowered to 2.3ghz after this I gave up and got a new one and it will pretty soon be running on a different system at 2.2ghz.

Back