• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Off Topic but PLEASE Help!!! Burning Copywrited CDS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dborden

Ok most cds have copy protection now.

-snip-

Remainder Deleted

Last edited by a moderator:
Technically, this COULD be considered a "Warez" issue, and we don't want them here, due to various legal issues. I know, you can copy your own CDs for backup purposes, but the fact still stands, that it COULD be illegal.
And this should probably go under General Hardware and not AMD CPUs.

No warez please

From 'Forum Guide', by Daniel Edgar:

Warez, Crackz, and Copyrighted material

This is to clarify the position of this site regarding Warez information and warez sites, Crackz and information about crackz, and the posting and downloading of copyrighted material.

Overclockers prohibits the promotion of, and reference to, any program or website which contains or distributes Warez, Crackz, and pirated copyrighted material, including but not limited to music and video.

Discussion of Warez, crackz, and pirated copyrighted material is not permitted in this forum. Any offer to provide or request to receive warez, crackz, and bootleg material will be deleted without notice and the offender will be warned. A repeat offense is grounds for permanent dismissal, without recourse, from these forums.

This is a serious issue for this Forum. Allowing discussion of and, by extension condoning the distribution of, said information jeopardizes the very existence of this Forum. As such, it will not be tolerated. For the long-term future of this site, please abide by this rule.

Thanks,

Overclockers.com Forum Management

test

Depends on how you look at it. Im sure many things can be looked at in a dark light if you really try. Granted this one is more possible but when I wrote the original post it was with legal intentions. I think your reading into it too deeply. My FFVIII Cd has a scratch on it but still plays the movies very choppy and the cdrom hoots and hollars. I merely wanted to make another copy to continue to enjoy my software.

Well, as the Moderator for the AMD CPU forum here, I have two things to say about your post and some of the resulting replies.

1) It has nothing to do with AMD CPUs

2) A "dark side" point of view has nothing to do with using our forums for what we do not allow. You do not have to use such terms as Warez, Pirated, etc. in the post. We simply don't want the subject of overiding copy protection, regardless of the reason, discussed in our forums.

Do feel free to discuss PC overclocking to your hearts content.

Hoot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back