• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

did my cpu die???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sifu quoc

i was working an stuff last night, and all the sudden my cpu turned off... i thought it was the mobo, but i dunno

i get no beeps, i get power to the fans, there is a mobo light on... if my chip died, how do i get an rma? it just died... i didnt even burn anything....

this sucks...

please lemme know if my chip died, or the mobo maybe...

Take out your cpu and flip it around look at the bottom of the core where the pins are, if you see a burn mark like it looks like oils have leaked in the cpu and caused a mark from overheating. If not... check around the core if there any kinda of burn marks etc... I have seen about 2 burn't cpus one was myne and one was my friends lool.Your motherboard might have died on you also out of no where ive had that done as well =/ gl hope this helps a bit.

sifu quoc said:
i get no beeps, i get power to the fans, there is a mobo light on...

That might be a mobo problem. The light you speak of normally just means that there's current running to the board. Normally mobos give beep error codes to let you know what the problem could be.

i had my delta at 7v and temps of only 52, 12v was at 49...

i checked the cpu, there are NO burn marks on or around the die, and NO burn marks on the back side... NO burn marks around the socket either...

i hope its just teh mobo... cuz i should be able to get a replacement easier... or replaced...

test your chip in a friends board or possibly @ a comp. shop. they may test it for you cuz they want to sell you a new one. worth asking though but it does sound like the board bro.
sorry:(

well, im gonna rma it... ive only had it for a lil over a month... now i cant fold as fast... plus i can only do my work at school now...

i wanna fold... *hint hint*

It's gotta be the mobo. My MSI K7T Turbo does the same thing. 6 weeks ago, I sent it in for a repair (broken resistor above CPU socket). It was returned last Thurdsday and was DOA. Everything looked to be intact. When I powered the system on, the only thing that would run were the fans. There were no error beeps nor diagnostic LED's....nothing aside from the fans. I tested it on 2 Durons...a 650 and a brand new, never been used 950. Fortunately, a representative at MSI's RMA is going to persoanally take care of the situation and have it repaired/replaced in 1 week rather than the standard 4 weeks.

Back