• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

resolution

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

techun

i have a noob question...i think it might go here

why do u guy like the highest resolution possible? Anything over 1xxx by 7xx looks too small for me, i enjoy having large icons, what's the upside of having high resolution? yeah, i am a noob

the bigger the resolution, the more viewable space in the open window. helps a lot when doing photoapps and what not when you need to span a large area of a picture. I personally use two 17 in monitors at 1280x1024 because it allows me to put up two full screen programs and makes it easier to copy from one on to the other or i can put the photoshop toolbars on one monitor and have most of the 1280x1024 for the photo that i'm working on when i need to do detailed work just as an example.

techun said:
Anything over 1xxx by 7xx looks too small for me

For this reason i think 1024x768 is standard for 17" CRT. People with higher resolution probably have larger monitors (or excellent eye sight). 17" LCD often has 1280x1024 resolution but these have a physically bigger screen than 17" CRT.

If you ever deal with a program like photoshop you will know the frustration of not having enough screen realestate. The toolbars can take up 50% of the screen, and you constantly have to rearrange them to see your image.

Back