• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Case and Powersupply Recommendations.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Renholder

Hi Everyone,

Im new here, name is Renholder. I've read a lot on the site thought it was time to finally sign up and ask some questions.

The question that i currently have floating around in my head is a Case and Power Supply that will best fit my current machine specifactions.

Here are my Specs:

AMD-FX 53 Processor "939"
Giga-Byte Motherboard "K8NSNXP-939"
2 GB Corsair XMS Extreme Memory
BFG-Tech 6800 GT OC Edition 256mb Video Card
2 x 120GB Seagate Sata Drives in Raid Array 0

Ive gone through 2 cases already and 2 power supplies. Just wondering what is recommended to prevent trouble in the future.

Thanks and if you can provide links - Hopefully www.newegg.com

-Renholder

PSU: Pc Power and Cooling Deluxe

Case: I have the Antec SOHO 1080AMG. It's high quality, but if you're striving for looks, there are better options.
I would go for the CM Stacker. Has lot of space and is probably the best air cooler! :attn:

Ya the Pc power and cooling stuff is great, but expensive. If cost is no object I would buy the PC P&C 510 Deluxe. Sleeved cables, fully adjustable rails, and a pedigree that includes powering the most extreme 3dmark projects ever.

Probably Be Good?

Heh...

The Power Supply Looks awesome, im pretty sure that will be my pick since it is recommended by most on this forum.

For the case i need to know the best air-flow case for the price. The machine got hot and totally destroyed the Aspire Air Flow. Didnt do a thing - Got hot and the case didnt do a thing.

I wouldnt recommend Aspire - Went through 2 of there cases - I think newegg is going to be taking them off there site because of many many many complaints.

Im thinking the Lan-Boy? And info on that. I dont care about looks - Need something that's clean - good airflow and suffiecent for what i have.

Thanks again!
-Renholder

The Thermaltake and Lian Li have enough room for fans to make your case float on air.
So if your worried about Airflow I would pick on of them up.

The thing about the Lanboy is its made to be light and portable. However it sacrifices some strength and size in order to do that.

Welcome to the Forums Renholder.

There are several brands I would recommend.
The Lian Li are excellent cases but you spend a lot for them and frankly I'm not impressed for what you get for the money.

Coolermaster Stacker is a very nice case, Seriously looking at one of those especially since they are starting to offer them in black.

I personally think the best case for the money is a Chieftec/Chenming Full Tower Case. I hate to repeat myself so here is a link to another post I just made on another thread.

Best PC Case\

Ok .. Which Case?

Ok...

Deciding on the case for money reasons isnt a big deal for me. Im not a big case guy so i dont know really much about air flow ergonomics and things so thats why im posting for the decision maker.

I need again : Air-Flow and Clean Hook Ups.

COOL-MASTER CASE

or

LIAN-LI

Im going to be purchasing the Fortron 530W Power Supply

If you have other recommendations that you think would be better for my Setup let me know

Thanks
-Renholder

those are both nicee cases. but i like all the new cases that use 120mm fans. like the antec lan-boy and most of the antecs, lian li's new V series (i own a v1000 and LOVE it). the 120mm fans help keep the noise down or can really move air, depends on what you want from them. but yea again those are nice cases although they dont use 120mm fans, id take the lian li.

Antec SLK-3700AMB- 120mm fans, good price. The pics make it look kind of bronze but its dark grey. I love this case.
I also have the Fortron 530W psu. Best psu I've ever had.

I can't stress enough how much better CM Stacker is than all of those cases listed. If you want aircooling, the Cooler Master Stacker is your best bet IMHO. And of course the crossflow fan to go with it. :sn: :eek:

SilverJag said:
I can't stress enough how much better CM Stacker is than all of those cases listed. If you want aircooling, the Cooler Master Stacker is your best bet IMHO. And of course the crossflow fan to go with it. :sn: :eek:

That Crossflow fan is the main selling point for me add the fact that it comes in black has all but decided my next case.

I actually purchased these.

I just currently purchased:

Case:

11-112-040-01.JPG

11-112-040-05.JPG

11-112-040-06.JPG

Powersupply:

17-104-968-04.JPG

17-104-968-02.JPG

Reasons Being:

I got the case because looking at it - it looked damn solid. I know the fans need to be replaced "which please suggest which 80mm fans to replace these stock ones with" and could use some extra fans in there.

I got the idea that adding a door fan and 2 more top fans to the case would be ideal. i was looking over Electron Chasers case and it looked sick. So i thought to myself i like the looks of the case - nice a basic good clean look just needs some modding.

The PSU duhhh... common i dont think i need to explain that :clap:

So please just suggest the best 80mm fans to replace these suckers with and i think i should be set 2 go.

Thanks
-Renholder

Nice case. I think you should try the stock fans first and see if you like them. The only reason to replace them would be if you want quieter fans or more powerful, louder fans.

I just wasnt sure since the specs im running would heat everything up quite a bit.

You do a have a good point though. Im going to try the stock stuff first.

I just want the case 2 be as cool as possible. Noise isnt a big deal i wear headphones to game anyway.

Was thinking if i do mod it with more fans i was going to stick another fan on the rear, 2 more on the top and 1 or 2 on the side of the glass.

-Renholder

Adding some fans sounds like a good idea. And since you say noise isn't a big deal I can see why you were planning to replace the stock fans.

get loud fans and a fan controller, that way you'll get good cooling and your room wont sound like an airport when you're not using your pc

I'll put another recommendation in for a PC Power and Cooling PSU. Best of the best they are. Expensive, but it's an investment that will last you years.

i only have good experience with my fortron power supply (my fsp300 is just as heavy as my tt480). it's cheap too.. :D

how much you pay for 530W model?

Back