• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Errors during install !!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

memem

Registered
When I try to install windows XP, A blue screen comes up, after restarting, after copying files over. It says Error, computer had to be stopped before causing damage or something. I have tested the HD using maxtors testing tool and it found no problems, is there anything else that could be wrong?

Please help

Do you mean a BSOD? Try removing peripherals (PCI, USB, extra drives) and installing again. Reset your BIOS. I'm just shooting in the dark here since I don't know what's in your system. Is this a fresh install or upgrade?

Thanks for reply

I have tried installing in same windows directory and have tried formatting and installing. It insatlled after the fifth attept, but now the PC restarts itself, I turned off auto-reboot and it says that there was a registry error

Any ideas?

no, I tried different hd, so its not that, its looks like motherboard problem or cable problem

Make sure all of your connectors to your devices are fasten tight and make sure that your memory is not loose, going a step further you could clean all of the pins on your video card, memory, etc.

Back