• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

KT7A Mobo Advice

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

itshondo

I'm looking to buy (on eBay ) a KT7a mobo to replace a ECS board that died in my kids computers. I don't know very much about the board and would like to know if there are any issues with this mobo or the best revision to have.

I plan on using the 512 mb pc133 sdram I have and a 1.4 ghz athlon.

Also, I won't be using a RAID setup, just a single WD hard drive.

I'd appreciate any advice!

I still have my kt7a in a spare box that I don't use...

great board! Does pc100 or pc133, I've heard of people being able to throw Tbred and Barton chips in them and they work (that might require a bit more work).

Can overclock it a little, RAM really makes the difference here - good pc133 is relatively cheap if you have to get new RAM.

I gamed on that board for a good 2 years, I give it a solid 2 thumbs up!

revision to get is 1.3 revision. AFAIK.

everything you need for the board is still available at: www.abit-usa.com

Great board! Works the best with ThunderBirds & sometimes you can get lucky with Palominos or ThoroughBreds. Update to the latest BIOS & enjoy. If you want an edited BIOS with all the options enabled just ask. My KT7A - RAID is still running as my secondary system & no headaches.

Actually, it works just fine with Tbreds as long as you don't overclock the FSB. I ran a TbredB at 1.66 for quite a while. The main problem I had was getting it to work with my 9800 Pro, had plug in the molex right after powering on for a cold boot. Probably wasn't that good for the mobo, probably partially why its dead now. :(

Back