• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bad performance from an athlon XP mobile

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wildone

I hope someone here will know whats going on,I decided to upgrade my laptop,so I took my old 2400 mp out and stuck it in my desktop,the problem is the performance is just not.Here is the problem ,at 2300 mhz it performs more like a regular athlon @ 1600 mhz or so.The thing thats got me puzzled is for the first couple of days,performance was great,then it just went to pieces,any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Wildone

hafa said:
If you overclocked it for the first time upon installation to the desktop, it may have put more stress on the CPU than was present in the (non-overclocked?) laptop environment, leading to CPU deterioration.

No,its not that,it has somthing to do with windows,I can boot into my backup partition of XP and the performance comes back,still scrathing my head on this.

wildone

wildone said:
No,its not that,it has somthing to do with windows,I can boot into my backup partition of XP and the performance comes back,still scrathing my head on this.

wildone

do you have thermal throttling enabled? what mobo/chipset?

wait.. perfoms like a 1600mhz athlon? maybe its still runnign stock 2400+ (1.8ghz) speed?

only thing i can think of is some how power now is enabled and it is downclocking your cpu

Back