• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SetiSpy Founder

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i feel bad for his whife and family.

but at least he is still keeping his chin up about the whole situation. some people would just give up on all their hopes, and dreams, and just quit, but he is taking in ever last second that he can.

Have to admire that.

Hope his last days on earth here, will never be forgotten, and he will always be missed.

Cancer is disgusting. My mother has been fighting it for almost 4 years. You live from one hospital visit to the next. You never enjoy the good days because the shadow of the bad is hanging over you. It's sad to see people going through that.

zexmarquies01 said:
i feel bad for his whife and family.

but at least he is still keeping his chin up about the whole situation. some people would just give up on all their hopes, and dreams, and just quit, but he is taking in ever last second that he can.

Have to admire that.

Hope his last days on earth here, will never be forgotten, and he will always be missed.
Couldn't have said it better myself.

JigPu

I know this is a little late, but this is just terrible news. :( Roelof is a stong person to have survived everything else thrown at him. I wish the best for Roelof and his family.

man that sucks alot my dad got over cancer on his head about a year ago and it is totally true about the hospital visits.

i feel for him and hopefully he can somehow come out of it

Hmm,maybe this is a reason for you crunchers to come over to folding. hmmm.

But i am sorry to hear about Roleof. When I used to cruch I saw his donate button in setispy. My best wishes go out to him and his family.

More Bad News

Unfortunetly Roelof passed away on tuesday Nov. 16

He fought this battle so hard and with such optimism that he became an inspiration to many. His contibutions to the Seti Community are great.

May he rest in peace. Our prayers go to his family and friends

My Continued Prayers are with You and Your Family

00004552.gif

a very sad Day

Siir Ulli

One think that most human being always look for is to transcend it's own boundaries and become known by a community as someone valuable. Roelof managed that with his contributions to the SETI family (a 5 million community) many of whom downloaded his udefull program.

May we all continue to recall him and sen all of our prayer to his family an dloved ones

Wish I had the know-how to start migrating SETIspy to BOINC... Roelof would then be remembered & honored well into the future...

In my prayers he shall be...

When I think back to Classic SETI, I'll always remeber SETISPY and the great contribution it made to the distributed computing world.

Back