• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Wierd tempratures and voltages... and not too good OCs..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Claw85

Registered
Hello everyone... :)

I might use some advice here, both on the timings and the overclocks.
I'm getting high temperatures, and not too good overclocks considering the voltage/cooling (or atleast i *think* so :rolleyes: ).
Just look at the screenshot, which is taken just after stopping Prime95 torture/max heat.
Idle CPU temps is around 35C with 1.55v, and around 40C with 1.6v.
And CPU temp drops quite fast back to 35C/40C after i stop the torture test.

This is my current stable settings:
FSB = 271
Multi = 8 (which is an underclock atm, i haven't tried to find it's max yet, but i have tried multi 9 here(2439Mhz), which fails Prime95 torture/max heat in less than a minute)
HTT/LTD = auto
Chipset voltage = 1.8v
CPU Voltage = 1.6 (1.55 * 1.04) (I have been trying up to 1.7v, but it fails Prime95 anyways if i'm around 2,4Ghz)
CPU TT = off
CnQ = off

VDIMM 3,26v, reported in bios/smartguardian
(though set to 4,00v in bios, and 3.3v rail at @ 3.5-3.6v or so. If i set it to something a bit lower than 4,00, it will fail Memtest86+ late in test #5)
1:1, 200mhz
Since i didn't have much of an idea on mem timings etc., i tried these ones, (which i found here on the forums):
cpc = on
tcl = 2.5
trcd = 4
tras = 10
trp = 3
trc = 12
trfc = 14
trrd = 2
twr = 2
twtr = 1
twrt = 2
tref 4708
twcl = 1
Skew = increasing
skew value =128
drive strength = 1
dynamic counter = on
32bit granularity = 4bit

I thought 2,4 GHz on this CPU should be an easy go.. i might have expected some more too.
And maybe even some more on the RAM... considering the adjustable rails, or am i all wrong here? :confused:

And btw, is "Bios Cacheable" usable for something?

I'm also getting some high-frequent noise, which comes and goes depending on what i'm doing on the computer, but most of the time it's there. Could it be the motherboard? (Or maybe the PSU or the Raptors.. i dunno)
Kinda irritating tho.
Edit: Even when i'm moving my mose over the user cp, register etc. buttons on this page, the sound changes a bit.. hate it.

Anyways, tnx for any help/advice here.

Sincerely,
Claw_

Attachments

• Current OC1.jpg
    Current OC1.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:
Well to simplify the temp issue I just stopped reading it. Mine jumps from 50 to 79 which is total crap so it does me no good. The same chip with the same overclock was running 49 load under air in my ASUS but I change to the DFI and my idle is 55 under water. So I keep it under 1.70 volts and hope that maybe one day DFI will get on the ball and get us decent temp readings. Hell mine doesn't even read the voltages right for the most part.

Your vcore does seem a little high though especially for that low of a clock. Try keeping it lower, like around 1.42 vcore with 110%. That should put it around 1.6V which isn't too bad and gets my chip to 2.5. Otherwise you might just have a crap chip that won't get over 2.4. I would just try and find any stable overclock even if its 2.3 just to get started. From there you can try for other speeds.

BTW: You need to shorten up that sig per the forum rules. Try setting to a smaller font to start.

I took the HSF off and removed alot of the goop, seems there was alot of it.
In addidion i think one of the corners were not quite fastened because of the 4-pin 12V cable. Dangerous stuff...
Anyway, it should b fixed now.

So now the CPU tepratures @ 2544MHz, 1,65v, is:
Idle: 28
Load: 46

Still might try some lover voltages, as u suggested.

And tnx for the heads up re. the sig, hope it's more or less ok now.

Back