• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Compaq Presario 1700

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DW_UTjunky

Registered
I am having trouble upgrading the memory on my Compaq Presario 17x265 notebook. I have tried several different memory modules and I just can't seem to get more than the 64mb that it came with in there. It is 700mhz and runs Windows 98 SE. I'm really having a fit with this thing. I'm not sure what the bus speed on the memory is but I think it is 100mhz. Lets say that for some reason it is 66mhz, SODIMM PC133 memory is backwards compatable with 100mhz and 66mhz, correct? Anyone have any ideas why this thing is being such a punk when I put more RAM in it? It will not boot up no matter which slots I arrange the memory in. I've tried just the new stick, new and old in each slot, mixed them up everyway I could think of and nothing. It turns on and freezes.

Thanks.

I've always used Crucial Memory for upgrading laptops and it has never given me any issues. Guaranteed compatibility. I recommend you look into Crucial.

Back