• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New SONY HDR-FX1 w/ 3-day FedEx - $3389.05

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

acesea

For those who know, or don't know, this is Sony's new high definition camcorder that records at 1080i. There's been very high anticipation for this new cam as its suppose to be the first kickass 3ccd high def cam on the market thats at such a low price point. Might not be oc related, but still thought to post here, maybe someonewill find it usefull. Heres a decent review: http://www.camcorderinfo.com/content/Sony-HDR-FX1-First-Impression-Camcorder-Review.htm

Most places still don't have it in stock or are still taking preorders. Well, I found a place with a good reputation is selling it at a very good price. Actually, this is the best price I have found so far on the net, add the fact that its fast shipping, no tax, and they have it in stock. The site still says out of stock, but I just got off the phone with them and they have 20 that just got in.
Heres there site:
http://ww1.onecall.com/PID_25449.htm
They have a high rating at resellerratings.com. You get an automatic 5% off, then use the coupon 'HOLIDAYS' for another $125 off. Grab them while they last.

Wow.

That. Is. Expesive.

...and serious!!

027242654815XL.gif

It looks you could
A.) Receive television, cellular telephone, alien, or radio signals with that thing!
B.) Laser beam-vaporize someone
C.) Shrink them really small and then suck them up in to it, Twilight Zone style.

And in case you were wondering, yes, that thing is $500 more than my first car was. Yes. Yes.
....Yes.

Man, If thats the price of a cam meant for the normal market I would hate to see one that was not meant for the normal market people. Oh and yes I do know its a good price, and that if its all you ever do or want to make a blar witch project type film then its a perfect cam.

Yea, I definately agree with you guys that this is a pricey cam, but to tell you the truth, this is the first high definition camera on the consumer level that is competitive with $100,000 studio cameras, so... You get the idea. In a few years, hi def cameras will be more abundant, and cheaper, but 'tis the price today for early adopters. In any case, from the videos I've seen it shoot, it looks phenominal- especially on a widescreen huge res lcd. I can't wait till I get this sucker this week.

Your getting it for keeps? If so thats cool, and yes I see what you are saying its kind of a break through camera in the price/quality department. Even with the step price I do think this thing is awsome. I mean making a home video in like 10-15 years will be like going to the movies quality wise haha(except the sounds and the quality will be still less then that of a movies)

Back