• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

No granted credit...for just me!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Your result apparently did not match the other two that were returned as your result was marked as 'Invalid''. I have had a few of those myself. There is really no way of determining why it did not match the other two.

This a quote from my question on the SETI boards...LOL.

This might be because the two other computers are INTEL and yours is an AMD (your result is invalid, see here). Also your computer took shorter to compute this WU but claimed more credits than the two other PCs.
Make sure your PC is not overclocked and run the BOINC benchmarks (File -> Run Benchmarks).

So we should all move to intel and stop that blasphemous overclocking ;).

Psyko

/start uneducated seti@home user
OMG! He's souping up his hot rod! Ban him from Seti, his computer is faster then mine! No fair, his computer crunches more then mine. OMG, he's got an AMD which has better floating point then my Intel. It has to be his computer and not the system.
/end uneducated seti@home user

Pleeeeeeeeeeeze. You would think with a team name like Overclockers.com, that actually is from an overclocking site, that we would know how to OC a computer and make it run without running bogus numbers.

Anyways, I have 2 non OC'd crunchers that get zero credit from time to time, so it's not an OC deal, and it's not an AMD vs Intel deal, because one of my zero results had an Intel, an AMD FX and my old AMD. Sometimes I think the validation method is wrong. Besides, I think you should at least get partial credit even if your result was wrong. Why? Well, without my result, which my machine took time crunching, you would not have your 3 needed to validate.

The problem might not be that your chip is green. Before running the chip try making some memory testing on your chip.....might need to drop a couple of MHz as some errors might be happening.

So far Dk Jedi Alliance and me are running Intel and AMD chip and haven't seen this. Check for stability and maybe your'll find some useful info there......try Memcheck for example.

All of my crunchers are overclocked if applicable ;) and all pass prime95 for 24 hours at faster pace than they run 24/7 and loop memtest overnight. I seriously doubt it's errors on my part, these crunchers are pretty solid. Thanks for the input though guys. I'll be keeping an eye on that now that I know it's happening. BTW the cruncher in question is running @ 238x10.5 but will prime @ 240x10.5 without a hitch or even 250x10 no prob. I would list RAM timings but there's too many :cool:.

The other thing that's buggin me is...doesn't it require 3 computers to be "valid" before credit is given? And if this is the case why were they given credit without a resend of my WU for validity?

Psyko

Psykoikonov said:
The other thing that's buggin me is...doesn't it require 3 computers to be "valid" before credit is given? And if this is the case why were they given credit without a resend of my WU for validity?

Psyko
I would not worry to much about the getting 0 credit unless it is happening on a consistent basis. There are many people that this 0 credit happens occassionally. Myself and many others believe it to be a problem with the validation system. I also know of one instance where a person was getting this on almost all their wu's from a particular group of downloads from the same day. They reset the project and downloaded some fresh wu's and the 0 credit stopped.

You do not have to have 3 'valid' results to get credit. You do have to have 3 Successful results where a client has returned the completed wu result. If 2 of the 3 match then credit will be granted on those two.

I can personally verify that upload problems can cause a result to receive "0" credit... I think this is just a result of lost data... Where it is lost, I can only guess....

All of my machines--overclocked or not--have had this error... Only when I see "missing file" errors do I worry these days... (as they are typically from a bad local installation of BOINC or the SETI client)...

Good luck!

I see lots of these from my PC too. I feel like it's a wasted effort, in fact, I think it is. But that hasn't deterred me, yet...

Back