• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What monitor...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bestmaxx

I have a 17" samsung flat panel with a max res of like 1024x768 with a 60hz refresh rate... it isn't to good for hardcore gaming. I want something bigger, atleast 21 inches. I have no idea what i should get, I need something that has high resolutions, and looks great with an awesome dot pitch. I have no idea what one to chose from... Looking to spend anywhere from 1-300$... if its like 400 im sure i could get it a lot cheaper off ebay... Let me know what i should get

Barry

Well, it may be older technology, but i dont exactly like my Samsung 170s. From the side it has a "grey" look to it and its always to bright even with brightness at like 25%... lower than that it loses colors.. I need something thats 2 times better than the 170s Samsung i have right now, and it HAS TO BE BIGGER...

Well, if you want big for cheap, check out NEC's latest 21" AG CRT. Otherwise, you can find cheap 21" inch AG CRT's all day long refurbished online for under $200. I agree that CRT's are still the best when you need the flexibility of running different resolutions and playing games. Even the best 12ms LCD can't top a CRT for sheer speed and responsiveness...sadly, they are energy guzzlers and like to take over my desk, so LCDs for me please. :eh?:

Back