• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

9800np / HL2 Settings

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

orion25

Folding in memory of my dads, Tim B. & Mike B.
I have a 9800np that is running at stock speeds. What are the best settings to run HL2 at? I am using the Omega 2.5.9 drivers. Do I need to change my drivers?

Thanks

I dont understand why you are asking us... are you paying us to come around and find out? It'd be a lot cheaper to load the game and find out :)

As comparison, i have a 9800 (Pro) at 385/385 clocks it runs HL2 1280x1024x32 with 4xAA and 0xAF with perfectly fine fps 40+

Overclock your card, get the most out of it :)

~t0m

aNTiChRisT said:
I dont understand why you are asking us... are you paying us to come around and find out? It'd be a lot cheaper to load the game and find out :)

As comparison, i have a 9800 (Pro) at 385/385 clocks it runs HL2 1280x1024x32 with 4xAA and 0xAF with perfectly fine fps 40+

Overclock your card, get the most out of it :)

~t0m

I have it loaded and have been playing it. I was looking for what in-game settings others are running and what kind of performance they are getting.

well my brother has my ol 9700pro which faster then a 9800np and it can run @ 1024x768 with High/medium ingame details with 2xAA 2xAF without lagging at all. Im sure with a 9800np you will prob have to turn AA OFF or something

Actualy, the 9700pro and 9800np are nearly identicle in speed. I would recomend 0x/16x over 2x/2x, it looks a lot better and AF takes virtualy no performance hit. You can probably run max settings, but perhaps not. You will need to test youself.

Back