• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

q.s bout pny 6800

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

demighost

well i just got the comusa flyer and i saw a pny geforce 6800 128mb for 200 dollas i saw this as the best deal, but i dunno about pny are they a good brand and would u recomend them?

demighost said:
well i just got the comusa flyer and i saw a pny geforce 6800 128mb for 200 dollas i saw this as the best deal, but i dunno about pny are they a good brand and would u recomend them?

for 200 bux well worth it, MIR included or what? Limited quanitity or what?

Lifetime warranty(for life of the product) and they are decent products no problems there

ck

I got mine when I was in the US, got it from CompUSA also altough I paid 299 for it...
Great card, sufficent for hard gaming and not an aover kill also a GREAT value for 200$.

My last two cards have been PNY's ad I have no compliants at all. My 6800 Ultra kicks butt and my 5800 Ultra (no Kidding) is powering my office rig running CAD apps on dual monitors. I can wholeheartily recommend thier products, especially at that price.

ill be goin off in less than 6 hours!
anyone know the likely hood of successfuly unlocking pny cards?

I can get mine up to 427/1.12 running stable.
That runs at 6.6 billion textures/sex (fill rate) compared to the stock 5.6. (6.4 for the Ultra at stock).

Man why can't nVidia come out with the 6900 to outperform ATI's X850XT already?
They say they won't come out with it until this time next year!!!!

Until then we're stuck with the 6800's in SLI only.

The PNY runs fine though, apparently one of you has gotten it up to a 460 core clock. Man I"m interested in knowing how exactly (the 1.4v mod?).

x850...HA! First we need to see if they actually exist. If they arent anymore available that the x800xt-pe then whats the sense, not to mention the x850 is pci-e only.

baberpervez said:
the 1.4v mod?

I think you can do this with a bios mod. Just use a bootable floppy to load nvflash, then save your bios on the floppy. Load the bios in nibitor, and adjust the 3D Voltage to 1.4v (might need to change 2D as well, not sure), then save that bios to the floppy and flash your card with it. You can get those files at http://www.mvktech.net/, just make sure you keep a backup of the original bios in case anything goes wrong during the flash so you can flash it back.

Back