• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Silverstone TJ06 + what CPU Fan?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Glumy

Registered
Hi guys, I just bought the Silverstone TJ06 case and was going to migrate my computer from a cheesy midtower atx case to this TJ06. Ran into a problem though:

Ok here is the TJ06:

Silverstone TJ06

My problem though is that I've got the Zalman CNPS7000A-Cu, pictured below:

Zalman CNPS7000A-Cu

As you can see, the unique thing about the TJ06 is that the motherboard is essentially flipped around and mounted on the opposite side of the case. This puts the CPU at the bottom of the inside of the case.

Unfortunately, with the CPU being at the bottom of the case, I can no longer fit the Zalman CNPS7000A-Cu because the copper fins on the the Zalman spread out to far and cannot sit right due to the case bottom being to close to the CPU socket. Sorry I wish I had a picture to show and I'm sure my explanation is horrible, but the above links contain images and hopefully that will suffice.

I own 4 computers, all with Zalman CNPS7000A-Cu cpu fans. However, this is my first Silverstone TJ06 case and I want to give it a shot.

I love the CNPS7000A-Cu, but I'm now in the market to pick up a new Socket A Cpu fan that has a smaller footprint in order to fit in the TJ06 and also is relatively quiet.

I've been looking at Thermalright's website, but thought I'd stop here to ask some advice.

Thanks in advance!

p.s. I'm not overclocking, so I just want a Socket A CPU HSF that is quiet and is sufficient cooling for an AMD Athlon 2100 (i think thats what the cpu is, cant remember - its old hehe)

I've been interested in that same case and wondered about it's compatability with the Zalman.
You might consider the Aerocool DP-102 as a replacement for the 7000cu...performance is comparable and the footprint much smaller.
Plus, it looks like it is ideally configured to utilize the "windtunnel" that Silverstone has given you.

If you don't OC - get Arti Cooling Copper Silent cooler - I used it forsome OCed systems... Anyway I have version with thermal controlled fan, rev2; it's a bit larger than 8x8cm, VERY quiet and efficient (not enough for high OC tho) plus price - you can get it for <$15.

PS - you can get version with manual fan adjustment; and TC version can be easliy modded to override thermal settings - by mounting rheostat (around 200-400kohm) serial or pararell to temp sensor depending on if you want to increase or decrease fan speed. Thisway you get all benefits of both thermal fan adjust and manual.

Back