• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Toronto OCers

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'm in Toronto as well, I'd be there for sure if something goes down :)

The main hurdle is finding somewhere to hold something like this, where there's enough space. I'll start looking around.

I'm up for it too.

45 minutes East of Toronto at the corners of Highway 35/115 & 401.

We could always arrange to meet up @ LanMania. It's a local LAN event out in Oshawa that happens every 2-3 months. $20 gets you 24 hours of LANning.

www.playas.ca

I'm in Toronto. I don't game much, but would take part in the socializing aspect.

We could always arrange to meet up @ LanMania. It's a local LAN event out in Oshawa that happens every 2-3 months. $20 gets you 24 hours of LANning.

www.playas.ca

Good suggetion, but all meeting at a really big event kinda defeats the purpose in a sense, does it not?

Also, $20 isn't much, but ideally something can be put together for less, or free (free meaning the cost of bringing food and whatnot). I'm looking into renting a space or something for cheap, and just covering the expense if it isn't too much, or charging like $3 to get in or something.

I would offer up my house, but I don't have any rooms that are nearly large enough to fit a bunch of people and their machines.

BUMP

Any more interest?

I'm still looking for a place to hold a LAN. Would people be willing to toss ~$5 or less for the space we rent?

Better yet, anyone willing to donate their house? :D

I am in Barrie and can host a lan, maybe a New Years eve lan party?? Start the friday and finish up on the sunday.

itizme said:
I am in Barrie and can host a lan, maybe a New Years eve lan party?? Start the friday and finish up on the sunday.
sounds cool, but some people might have plans already.

need more people!!!

itizme

Barrie is definetely doable for myself, and probably most of our Toronto area members as well - your offer is most generous :).

The question now becomes "when?".

I think that we should follow the example given by some other LANs organized here on the forums, and set a date waaaaaaaay in advance, so that people here can have time to hear about the event, and schedule for it ahead of time. I think New Years might be too soon, and also possibly too busy a time of year for lots of us to all be available.

That said, I've PMed you itizme about working out specifics :).

felinusz said:
Barrie is definetely doable for myself, and probably most of our Toronto area members as well - your offer is most generous :).

The question now becomes "when?".

I think that we should follow the example given by some other LANs organized here on the forums, and set a date waaaaaaaay in advance, so that people here can have time to hear about the event, and schedule for it ahead of time. I think New Years might be too soon, and also possibly too busy a time of year for lots of us to all be available.

That said, I've PMed you itizme about working out specifics :).

I have replied

Sorry guys I am pretty much limited to New Years eve as work and family take priority come Jan3/05.

itizme - Would a single day/night during the first week of Christmas break (Monday Dec 20 through Friday Dec 24) be a good time for you?

It's kind of soon, but more likely to be possible for the majority of us, instead of New Years Eve. I don't know about everyone else, but I couldn't make New Years, or any date during Christmas Break after the 23rd :-/.

I'm very confident that if we can set a date for this, even if it's only two weeks from now, we will get a lot more interest rolling :).

"If you build it (and pimp it shamelessly in large bold lettering in your signature - thanks for the idea {PMS}Fishy ;)), they will come" ;)

I would be up for it, have plenty of room to offer up, but too bad I'm 800km away :( I was out to TO this summer, maybe I'll head back out next summer and something could be worked out!

Why does it have to be a LAN party? We could just get together and have a few beers.

I'm actually not much of a gamer, I'd be up for that :).

But, to argue for the LAN side of things, it'd be more of a fun time if we all had our machines with us, I mean, this is an overclockers forums :).

as long as its not at a bar or public place. :D

We could have a park party :eek:.

Well guys it looks like some interest in something here. I am back in the country for the rest of the year so if you guys pm me we will see if we can get something going. I saw something about 800km away, at an average speed of 200km/h thats only 4 hours away!!!

Back